Back to the Magic of Disneyland….a Holiday semi-live Trip Report

Good morning! Today is the day we have all been waiting for: Genie Plus comes to Disneyland! I know, I know…. it is so exciting to think about paying more money to be frustrated by the limits of the new system (in comparison to the awesome Maxpass)!! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: More importantly, I am on my way there. Genie Plus will not defeat me!
A little background on this trip: There is a large DL Liner meet planned for Saturday in California Adventure. Many members of this friend group have been meeting at least once a year since the first meet, way back in 2014. Many friendships have blossomed and the group has lost some members, but also gained new ones. The last time a large group of us was together was January 2020, back in the before times before Covid closed the parks and changed everything for DLR. This trip was planned last spring sometime, I think most of us thought we would be done with the pandemic by now. I am very excited to see some wonderful peeps over the next 5 days, and this trip may be more about friendship, laughter and finally seeing friends in person after a long 23 months than anything else.
I won’t land at SNA until 2:20pm, but DL is open every night until midnight so there should be plenty of park time as well as meeting up with a friend or two. First stop, Phoenix. My plane is full of teenage girl soccer players, and boy are they noisy/giggly for so early in the morning. :rofl:

21 Likes

Safe travels and have an awesome trip!!

4 Likes

Safe travels Karen. I’ll be there starting tomorrow and can’t wait to see everyone.

4 Likes

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! Did you see the weather forecast? Tomorrow the high is only 57 degrees and it is supposed to rain a lot. I thought it never rained in sunny So Cal? :rofl:

4 Likes

That sounds miserable to me - 57 and rain? I can get that at home! I hope it warms up a little bit for you.

I’m so glad you all are getting together again after so long! Wish I could be there and meet some new friends, but I’m going to be trying for some WDW Liner meets instead.

7 Likes

Well it is 30-something and snowy at home, so I guess it is a step up from that!! Wish you were headed west as well, but I will see you in just 40 days on the east coast (Dang, we both have been Disneying a lot lately!). Have a fun trip!

8 Likes

I have my raincoat & shoe covers ready along with my quilted Mickey Mouse jacket.

2 Likes

1293321752ff391bc3995df7aeeabd57587942a8fbb90_666x500
132117fe2bc267c04e8fe9075555b5e5202a9da7ad30d_666x500
1321319a23863090a657ffe18521fef6c4e012a79834e_666x500

So many memories over the years!! Lava you my friend and Jessica and I can’t wait to see ya! Warning everyone the hugs will be fierce!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

15 Likes

Thanks for the walk down memory lane. My favorite pic will always be the Uh Oa one from Trader Sams that night. It seems so long ago, but I will never forget the laughs we had over that drink. Jess looks so young! My second favorite pic is the Space Mountain one….not sure what the heck we are all doing- Julia with the lipstick, my crazy hair- so much fun! Can’t wait to see you both tomorrow. Lava you too!

5 Likes

:wave:

I would advise against doing that this time … :rofl:

Have a great time!

7 Likes

How fun is that?!

7 Likes

It will probably happen anyway. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

What’s a little (potential) covid between friends right? Have all the fun!

6 Likes

MORE TIME OFF TOGETHER!!

(ok in quarantine, but Disney friends could make it a good time just the same)

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

So much fun! :heart: This group has seen it all. Laughs and tears. Terrible divorces, wonderful marriages, births and sadly a couple deaths. We have so much fun traveling together. These women and a few men have embraced my daughter like their own and have shown her so much love and kindness. :heart:
That photo on ToT was my first time on it! :rofl:

13 Likes

YAY!! Have a magical time!

3 Likes

I’m here in Phoenix with a bit of time on my hands. I checked out the available restaurants and chose Barrio Cafe for the menu and also this area of the airport (D gates) is much less crowded than the C area. I had the Arizona Burrito and salad, it was all quite good.

Now I wait. I like my layovers to only be long enough to use the restroom, and grab a quick bite to eat. I have about an hour and a half left, not too bad.

11 Likes

I like D gates better than C gates. D gate area is newer and fewer actual gates so generally less crowded. Hopefully time passes quickly for you.

2 Likes

How do C and D relate to Terminal 3 and 4? Just curious. I often fly to Phoenix to visit my family. Alaska used to use Terminal 2. It was old and crappy but I loved it. Never a line at security. In and out so easily. Now I think I have been flying in and out of Terminal 3 …

2 Likes