Back to Disney World; toddler and baby first trip!

I’m planning to buy G+ around 6:45, right before getting our first ride at 7. That might be easier than staying up until midnight.

That makes sense. I never last until midnight.

1 Like

My main advice is every kid is different, and kids can change even day to day. At least that’s my experience. I “encouraged” our five year old to do Splash because everyone in our big group was going and I thought he would enjoy it. He didn’t. He wasn’t so upset that he wouldn’t do other rides, and he loves WDW still six years later, but he gave me a hard time about it for years. He was TERRIFIED by Rise. Like he thought we were all going to be murdered. That’s one I wish we would have watched on YouTube and talked about first. Live and learn, right? We brought his little brother at 4 months and 20 months. At 4 months, he loved looking at people, riding in his stroller, cuddling with various family members. At 20 months he loved pushing his stroller around himself. He enjoyed small world, frozen, and pirates, and playing in the dumbo tent, but rides weren’t a big thing for him. Now I try to evaluate as the day goes by, and adjust accordingly. Naps were crucial for the baby. And me. Have a great time!

2 Likes

Thank you! I am definitely planning on watching as many videos as possible and not force him to ride. He also gets scarred sometimes, but really enjoys it once he is riding!

1 Like

My son was so convinced that we were going to die on Rise that for a second I thought maybe he was right. :joy:

Luckily, he wasn’t scarred for life. Still loves Disney. Rode Rise again and showed a lot of bravado with his older cousins but I think he was still scared on the inside.

2 Likes