Back at the Parks: Trip of 2 Foodies

Where is Bull and Bear? Looks AMAZING

3 Likes

The Waldorf Astoria. Over in Bonnet Creek.

3 Likes

Wow!!! Dang, now I wish I had found a day to fit Bull & Bear in! Thanks for taking us along. :grin:

1 Like

We got a later start than desired but we are on our way to AK now. Hoping for low crowds to catch up with the plan. I have a lot I want to get done before 4:00.

4 Likes

We got the outer rim and T16 sky hopper.

3 Likes

We had a really great day. Got to AK around 9. Did Safari, EE, dinosaur & Navi River. Lunch at Tiffins. We got the Hightower rocks. Duo of octopus and falafel. Corn soup and butter chicken. When we ordered cappuccinos they brought out a plate that said Happily ever after with truffles on it. I cried because it was so sweet. I absolutely adore Tiffins. Then we did FoP and fOTLK. I cried again when the birds were dancing. Lol. It’s been an emotional day. I’m just so happy to be back. It was a long and tough year. Then we took the train to planet watch and did the animation experience. We drew Bambi. Now we are at Citricos.

14 Likes

Good job!

Lucky!

2 Likes

I have looked at Victoria and Albert’s, Toppolino’s, CG and even a few at the Four Seasons. Nothing has made me go “I HAVE to eat there”. More importantly, nothing has made me go “How do I convince the boys to bring ‘fancy clothes’ on vacation”. Your report on Bull and Bear changed EV. ER. Y. Thing.

DS would love the Caesar prepared tableside and that bread, DH would be all over that steak, and I would like one of everything. Maybe two of that bread and truffle(?) butter.

Thank you for such a great report and pictures :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Oh the short rib wontons definitely make you need to eat at CG. Trust me. :drooling_face:

But I 100% agree on the report from Bull and Bear!

4 Likes

I will upload lots of photos soon. We tried to take the boat to MK but it isn’t ECV friendly so we back tracked to the monorail. Now we are waiting for fireworks. It’s soooo busy here because of boo bash. I plan to watch the show tonight in front of the castle and then on our MK/boo bash day probably watch from fantasyland.

6 Likes

Thank you! You will not be disappointed with Bull and bear. Also, we were too tired to wait an hour because Epcot fireworks were at 10 the night we went but I hear you can see the fireworks from the pool area at Waldorf Astoria. That would be a nice night cap.

I was a little underwhelmed with citricos unfortunately. Maybe because b&b and tiffins are just SO good. The food was good but I wasn’t in love with the tilefish entree. It’s not my kind of vibe. We were right next to the open kitchen and it was very loud.

6 Likes

13 Likes

22 Likes

Love the last castle pic! Wow! Sounds like a fun day!

2 Likes

We are in an Uber back to Sapphire falls. Tomorrow is UOR from 8-1 or 2 and then we spend the evening at Portofino bay resort.

4 Likes

Curiosity got the best of me – I looked up Sapphire Falls. I’ve never been a Universal girl, but – wow. Wow! If you get a chance, please let us know if you like the resort. It’s so pretty and beachy! I think DH would love the atmosphere, and the price – :star_struck: I’m really enjoying your foodie trip report!

1 Like

Sure I’d love to. I will add pics later.

I love Sapphire falls. The bed and pillows are perfect for me so that as soon as I lay down I fall asleep and stay asleep and then I’m well ready for the next day. I also love the shower because it has a seat so I can sit after a long day and let the hot water hit my feet and legs. Water pressure is also good. It has a boat to city walk and universal. It’s also walking distance to volcano bay. I love the vacation vibe. It has a zero entry pool with a sandy area. The pool bar is great and they have service bringing you food and drinks to your chair. At 8pm every night they have a movie by the pool. The strong water tavern is a fantastic rum bar with excellent tapas. It was only 1200 for 7 nights. The downside is that I like the Disney parks more than universal so I spend a lot on ubers. Especially this trip because we have been doing XL and the prices in general are higher than in 2019.

7 Likes

We had a successful universal day with only one setback. The scooter didn’t charge last night so we were stressing about finding a charge. Also, universal is not as ECV friendly as Disney.

We woke up at 6 am and did early entry in Diagon Alley. Rode gringotts, had breakfast at the leaky cauldron, hogwarts express over to IOA at 8:45. Rode Hagrids with a 30 min wait, rode Forbidden journey, photo with Blue the Raptor, JP River ride, lunch at the three broomsticks, hogwarts express back to UOR, horror makeup show and Bourne stuntacular. I’m glad we didn’t pay for express passes, they really weren’t necessary. Most of what we did were walk on or 10 minutes except 30 min for Hagrids.
Then we took the boat back to Sapphire, changed and took an Uber to Portofino Bay. I surprised DB with a couples massage at mandara spa. It was really wonderful.
Then, dinner at Bice on the terrace listening to live opera in the piazza.
If you go to Bice do a salad and pasta as your main. We did pasta as an appetizer and filet as our main and did not care for the filet but the homemade pasta was incredible.

15 Likes

Wonderful breakfast at Ohana and now we are on our way to MK.
We had the best table at Ohana. With a straight view of the castle. They also had a juice that was basically POG juice. They called it something else though. Soooo good. I had my first Lapu Lapu.

13 Likes

Great view!

2 Likes