Avoiding HS on GS Voyage Days?

We’re planning a trip w/ several other WDW veterans in September, one of whom mentioned avoiding HS on Galactic Starcruiser voyage days. While I’m very familiar w/ most of Disney’s crowd nuances from 15 years of experience, this is definitely a blind spot for me. TBH, I couldn’t care less about this whole Star Wars experience/option, so I haven’t followed the ripple effects of these “voyages” re: Hollywood Studios’ crowds.

Any insights from the community would be very much appreciated. Our specific dates are Sunday, Sept. 25 through Friday, Sept. 30.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about it. With only 100 rooms, that means maybe 400 people to be in the park, which seems like a drop in the bucket.

2 Likes

Since the Starcruiser has so few guests, I don’t think those on the Starcruiser would add to the crowd at DHS.

2 Likes

If people really ARE avoiding HS because of GS voyage days, it would be a reason TO go to HS, because it would mean crowds are lower, not higher! :wink:

As others already said, the small number of guests (and the short time they are in the park) would have limited impact on a visit to HS.

1 Like

Very much appreciate everyone’s feedback already. This info about GS was all news to me. Sounds like, at best, it’s a very minor blip in terms of adding to overall crowd size.

1 Like

Agree with what others have said.

Also, is this you??:

It is not. :slight_smile: I’ve vaguely familiar w/ this family and their YouTube hijinx.

2 Likes

That’s what you would say though… :wink:

:laughing:

Did you watch the amazing race with them? Quite fun.

1 Like

I did. I love them.

They were great. The season was pretty great. Fun for our whole family.

1 Like

Depending on what your agenda is for HS and how many days you have there, I would consider avoiding those days. While 400 people isn’t much when compared with all the guests, they do hold back some of the reservation slots for Savi’s, Droid Depot, and possibly Oga’s for those on the cruiser. And they get front of the line access for Rise and MFSR. So you may experience a slow down there. 400 people would take a noticeable amount of time if they are all taken there at the same time. If you don’t care about those rides/experiences then I don’t think it needs to be considered.

1 Like