Avocado Margarita?

Going to be in WDW in less than three weeks. Have a dinner planned at La Hacienda de San Angel. I’m wondering what the Avocado Margarita tastes like? It sounds really interesting but I’m not sure what’s the taste would be like. Anyone who has tried it?

1 Like

I have! It is a frozen margarita. To me, it does not taste like an avocado. I was aftpraid there woukd be a strange texture, but it was like ant frozen drink.

1 Like

It’s has more melon flavor than avocado. The avocado gives it a creamy feel.

1 Like

I did not like it at all; the first margarita of any flavor that I’ve had that I had to force myself to finish (at $15, I wasn’t going to let good tequila go to waste). On the opposite side of things, the La Cava blood orange margarita is my favorite drink in WDW…

2 Likes

Good to know. I was debating between the avocado and blood orange margaritas. It sounds like the blood orange may be more to my taste.

1 Like

Many years ago, after several episodes of nagging, I finally gave in and tried a homemade avocado popsicle just to shut some people up. What I had assumed was going to be disgusting turned out to be surprisingly creamy and good, with a taste that reminded me of fresh sugar cane juice. I’m guessing that it has something to do with the high fat content of the avocado enhancing the sweetness and texture, similar to the somewhat counterintuitive culinary truth that lard (rendered hog fat) makes the tastiest baked goods.

We have a reservation for our first visit to La Hacienda this December, and I intend to find out if the popsicle principle extends to margaritas.

3 Likes

I absolutely love the avocado margarita - it tastes nothing like avocado (which I also love) but it’s creamy and (not too) sweet. I’d definitely recommend trying it, even if you’re not that keen on avocado. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now you’ve got me leaning towards the avocado margarita again! I had almost decided to go with blood orange but I am unsure again. Too many choices! :rofl:

1 Like

They will happily permit you to order both.

1 Like

I have had them both (ok, maybe a lot more too) and I prefer the avocado .

True, but I do need to be able to walk out of the restaurant afterwards! :wink: I’m a bit of a lightweight when it comes to alcohol. If the dining plan didn’t include alcoholic drinks I probably wouldn’t have one.

1 Like