Average number of attractions per day?

I included everything except meals/snacks and potty breaks (so rides, shows, parades, character meets)

2 Likes

Same as @momfourmonkeys

whoa. my full plan lists have 20+ items every day. BUT we have no kids with us, just 3 adults. I wonder if Iā€™m over-planningā€¦

Went back and counted. Not counting meals, snacks, or potty breaks, but just shows and rides at Magic Kingdom, we did 22 on a Saturday in December. It was an 8 am open and midnight close, but we took a 3 hr break in the middle and had a TS dinner at Crystal Palace taking up some of those hours. We only used 5 FPP a piece and the last one was at 11pm and not helpful. So, 22 attractions on a high CL day without a lot of FPPs. 2 adults, DS6 and DS3 at the time.

2 Likes

Yesā€¦ we have kids and I know how I need to tour with them. 12 attractions is really all they can take before I hear complaints! Lol
If it was just DH & myself we could accomplish alot more. I would keep your plan as is! :blush:

2 Likes

So much depends on CL. I went at RD on a day with pouring rain and t-storms in the area and did 10 or 11 rides in 2 hours (and then left the park). Iā€™ve been on other days when I didnā€™t get that many done in 10 hoursā€¦

True that. For any lurkers, some of these attraction counts are from folks who were hitting it like pros. If you are a first timer, especially with kids, I would not recommend this level of ambition.

I wouldnā€™t plan for more than 12. If things are going well and everyone is happy then you can always add.

From @JonMcIntosh:
My advice to first-timers with young kids: set your expectations lower on what you can get accomplished in the parks. Everything takes longer than you think it will. ALL OF THE THINGS. Waiting for the bus. Waiting for your ADR. Waiting in line at counter service restaurants. Getting to attractions. Parking strollers. Filing out of theaters after a show. Everything.

6 Likes

BAHAHAHA- so TRUE

Iā€™ve just been quoted on the forumā€¦ all my life goals are now complete

My point from that thread was to warn specfically first-timers with young kids.

In our experience with 3 and now 4 kids, I didnā€™t budget time for all of the following touring plan busters:

1. One kid holding us up because ā€œthese socks donā€™t feel rightā€.
  2. Gawking at the beauty of each park when we first walked through the gates.
  3. My wife stopping to take pictures of the entire family in front of each icon.
  4. Parking our stroller.
  5. Later, finding said parked stroller, because often cast members move them.
  6. Frequent bathroom breaks.
  7. Frequent snack breaks.
  8. Paying appropriate attention to a disobedient or cranky kid who needs some TLC.

In my inexperienced mind, we would be gleefully skipping from attraction to attraction. I often felt like a ā€œfailed Linerā€ when my experience was so different from others on this board.

I say all that simply for young dads and moms to re-adjust their expectations, thatā€™s all.

Each time, I have to remember why Iā€™m on this trip and who Iā€™m doing the whole trip for. I donā€™t want my kidsā€™ experience of vacation to be looking at dadā€™s back as he urges the crew anxiously to ā€œhurry it up, weā€™ve got to go,ā€ simply so I can brag to my Liner crew about how many attractions I crushed in one day.

7 Likes

No need to remember - Iā€™m on this trip for me. I planned it, I paid for it, get with the program. :smiley:

4 Likes

Laughing at my desk.

ā€œWhy arenā€™t you having fun, you ungrateful shits!ā€

2 Likes

It spends at least in part what you count as an attraction. Thereā€™s the obvious and then ā€¦ (at MK)

here are some of the things I love to do around the park:

Wishing Well and the Fountain
Piano Player at Caseyā€™s
Dapper Dans
How many hidden animals can you find carved into the rocks in Adventureland?
How many shutters are there in Liberty Square without full hinges? (And for the aficionados, which buildings have children inside?)
Find all the jokes in the JC queue
Spotting the SOTMK portals, even if not playing the game?
How many Imagineerā€™s names are there on Main St?
Must get a photo with Walt and Mickey
Listening to the transition music between the Lands. What other clues are there?

So many people think of rides, rides and more rides. Thereā€™s so much more. Iā€™ve only been 5 times, but I think around half of my park time is nothing to do with actual rides.

6 Likes

Yes! I second this! Even putting our TP on the slowest pace and leaving wiggle room, things took so much longer than I predicted. This time I am going to highlight our ā€˜skippableā€™ items on our TP and just forget them as we get (inevitably) get behind.

And of course there is always the point that our kids remember different stuff than us. DD3ā€™s favorite part of our trip was swimming. And we have a pool at home :joy:

3 Likes

When we travel with all the kids (not super young but still kids), I add in 10-15 min breaks every few hours for no reason just to allow us to catch up. This is in addition to the snack/meals/potty breaks that are built in too. This seems to be especially important in MK and AK. Then I donā€™t feel pressure to keep us moving to get to the next thing unless its a FPP or ADR.

2 Likes

All of parenting is pretty much summed up in those two quotesā€¦

4 Likes

You forgot ā€œDo you know how much this cost? Weā€™re going to have fun, understood?ā€.

4 Likes