Aussie $$ vs American $$

I’m so worried I won’t be able to come back to WDW in 2020 - Jan/Feb. I’ve been working and saving hard, but the Australian Dollar is going down and is predicted to continue to go d o w n even more! :frowning:

With the enjoyment and everything that goes into being a ‘planner’, I’m really feeling down today, because I don’t know how much it will cost me…and seems like it may not be a good idea to pay out so much money. It costs so much coming from Australia. I need to find a good deal :slight_smile:

I know I’m so lucky that I was able to come in 2016, and I am grateful for my life, but I want to come home to WDW !!!

1 Like

Perhaps you could start changing your currency now, bit by bit as you save, to get the best deal? I hope that you still get your trip.

1 Like

This sounds like a really good idea to me. Also hoping you get your trip. I’m Canadian so I understand how converting money can be painful.

2 Likes

Open a brokerage account. You can direct a portion of your funds to be held in US Dollars (or any specified currency). You’ll probably need ~$5,000 to open, but you’ll just be holding cash… Not putting it at any investment risk. I would suggest Goldman Sachs or Schwab.

1 Like