Aulani bound... anyone else going soon or been? Tips and important details due to, you know, covid ;)

Taxes and fees added later.

2 Likes

My DH has done it b4 and loved it. I will share if we do it

2 Likes

No that’s total

We booked our rental car through Costco and it was $1100 for 14 days.

3 Likes

Thank you both @stlouie! I’ve got to give Costco a ring tomorrow :blush:

2 Likes

Yep. It’s still pink.
The Buddhist temple is gorgeous.

3 Likes

That’s a great rate.

2 Likes

Crazy fees and taxes.

2 Likes

For lately, yes, but it has been much cheaper on our previous trips. I think when we return for the few days before the cruise, we will just shuttle or uber from the airport and to the port.

1 Like

True–cheap relative to the crazy rates that have been an issue this year.

1 Like

Just checked Costco for car rentals. It’s only $65 cheaper and a smaller car. So, not a better deal. And w/ same agency too. I found out as I clicked though that I can pay more at Costco for the same car…

1 Like

Sorry. The car rental prices are crazy right now.

2 Likes

ya’ the costco site said HI was experiencing a shortage through Dec. I have one reserved through priceline right now. I’ll keep watching but a lot of the car rental agencies sold off their inventories during the lockdowns and are having trouble buying cars to restock. My DS had trouble buying a new car (bigger) in expectation of their first child.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if Aulani has DVC owner lockers for rent? I know you can do that at WDW. DH just informed me that he plans to snorkel every morning. We were going to go to the NEX and get snorkling gear. Since Aulani is our home resort and DH intends to visit once a year it would be nice to have a place to keep gear like that instead of carrying it in suitcases or purchasing each trip.

Car Rentals:

Advice to keep checking. I get emails if rates change and today was the first time I was able to save money; $300 less than my first reserved car.

5 Likes

Awesome!!

1 Like

OK… DH and DS were on the fence about Aulani in Sept and Delta variant spikes, but yesterday 7/31 was the last day we could cancel and bank any points. We would only be able to bank 64 points and still have to use 350 pts by Nov 30 this use year. Unless Disney or Aulani shut down again those 350 pts need to be used. So, we are moving fwd. I HOPE we get to actually go!!! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

You need to go! Doesn’t waste points. Hawaii is being cautious about Covid–more so than a lot of other places.

4 Likes

We are going save any external forces interfering w/ the trip :wink: DH and I are excited about it again. Just a bit of a hiccup these past few days. But we’re back on!!!

4 Likes

I agree with @dreamer. Hawaii is safer than WDW right now, and probably safer than where you live (actually I’m almost certain based on what you’ve shared). :wink:

4 Likes