August 7th is right around the corner

Oh! Duh. I see. Should have realized that. Guess it is still too early! (I thought this old news was somehow being reported as new news, and I was confused…well…more confused than usual! :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

This is what gives me hope - they’re going to have to make some announcement. So until they do, there’s still a chance they’ll leave more attractions on G+.

3 Likes

I’ve changed my mind. I think the former $ILL rides will go back to $ILL, b/c G+ availability is much better than it was in February when they made the announcement, and presumably they did it to shore up G+ inventory which was in a sorry state at the time.

1 Like

I think so too, and I think they’re going to just let it quietly revert since it’s already stated on the G+ info page. My one hesitation is would they really put 3 rides on ILL at Epcot? I mean, yes they would, but do they want one park with 3 while the rest are at 2? I guess they have the unbalanced situation going on now anyway, so I’ll just stop trying to inject logic into Disney decisions.

My guess is FEA will stay G+, and GotG/Remy will be the 2 Epcot $ILL’s. There’s a limit of 2 $ILL’s per day, and if they had 3 at Epcot you wouldn’t be able to buy all of them.

5 Likes

Ah but this is how they’ll get everyone to start booking longer trips. Increase the $ILL rides, leave the limit at 2 per day, and voila. I’m kidding. Mostly.

Yes FEA will probably stay. I can’t see that many people laying for it. And doing 3ILLs would almost making regular LLs unnecessary at Ep.

1 Like

But part of the reason it is better is because they moved an ILLS to G+. If they move it back to ILLS, G+ goes back to being problematic. So, I could see them keeping things as it is as well. We shall see!

4 Likes

With the exception of Remy, none of the attractions that moved from ILL to G+ are among the most sought after reservations. Would make more sense to move SDD and JC to ILL.

2 Likes

I was thinking SDD makes sense. JC sells out fast but is it anyone’s top 5 ride. If I had to wait in the line or pay more I’d just skip it.

2 Likes

Becky analyzed G+ availability post-shift from $ILL to G+, and concluded they didn’t help much, b/c G+ demand increased as people were more likely to buy G+ with FEA, SM, and MMRR included. The improvement in G+ availability didn’t really start until April, and accelerated in the last 2 months.

3 Likes

I can’t recall JC being anyone’s ride at all (much less not-to-miss ride) before the movie came out. But my memory might be faulty.

This is what I kept saying last summer! I swore it was never quite a challenge to ride quickly!

The lines have always been long for it. It’s a slow loading ride. I didn’t even know the movie came out.

3 Likes

Yes it’s always been about an hour in the afternoon, at least at WDW and for the last 10 years or so. The movie and the recent changes to the attraction bumped its popularity a bit though, and I think have contributed to it running out of LLs faster than other attractions.

1 Like

Already saw one blog article insinuating that the rides will go back to ILL …but it would make zero sense for both Remy and Frozen and GOTG to be ILL in Epcot. There is no reason to get Genie+ then (I mean there ahead us barely a reason…but without those two there is no reason)

1 Like

Yeah I doubt it. I think this was an experiment to see if they made more revenue this way. No way they’ll have 3 ILS and those 2 rides don’t have long enough lines to warrant one.

I think it will only be Remy going back to ILL with Frozen staying as a G+ LL. I suspect that would maximize revenue.

2 Likes

Liners’ faces the morning of August 8th

2 Likes

If they don’t make the changes, yes that will be me.