Aug 4 honorary @Steve1 countdown thread

@scrapper1617 I put them in ketchup. Yep, you read that right. Ketchup. There are many websites that will give you advice on how to clean them. I basically “soaked” them in ketchup (make sure you get each penny good and covered) for about 2-3 minutes, then used an old toothbrush to gently scrub them for a few seconds. Then rinse and your penny is super shiny! You don’t have to use an old toothbrush to scrub, you can probably just rub with an old cloth or paper towel. They’re not perfect but way better than they were before! Now my girls and I are ready to press some shiny pennies into awesome keepsakes of our trip!

2 Likes

@YouAreAllWeirdos, thank you so much for the info! I’ll tell DD. She’s looking forward to adding to her collection. I hope you have a great trip!!

1 Like

I am at 49 days…and a wake up!

1 Like

Many thanks, I hope to go 12/2015. I just paid for DS college tuition. I have to pay again in December. After that I can start for money to WDW. I miss Steve countdown.

2 Likes

69 for me! 9 days until I can make my very first FPP selections. Sending off my reservation selections via fax at FW, hoping for an awesome spot to set up Halloween decorations! Haven’t bought mnsshp ticks yet and still trying to find the right balance of dining ressies vs. flexibility.

1 Like

15 for me 'til BC! Can’t wait! Thanks for starting the countdown, @SallyEppcot! I hope all is well with @Steve1! Have a great night, Liners!

2 Likes

I used 1/4 cup of white vinegar and 1 tablespoon of salt and water maybe about 1 1/2 - 2 cups in a shallow bowl, took about 15 mins or so, then I wanted to overdo it and I used a paste of baking soda and a toothbrush to finish it.

Then I packed them in a M&M mini container with 2 quarters and 1 penny alternating.

2 Likes

Thanks!! It’s good to have another method to try! I like the storage idea. :grinning:

1 Like

It counts @Iheartepcot. But I’m watching you. Always watching you!

2 Likes

@JustTimmy and @pod4christ -if pod can fly us timmy, we are golden!!

2 Likes

(Sigh)

2 Likes

OMG I just booked for med Nov. I haven’t even gone in Sept yet! What have you guys done to me? It’s contagious lol

43 days and a WU

61 Days! My desk looks like a true Disney Freak’s! Getting ready for my Midnight FPP selections! Girls must see A&E again!