Attempting a Trip w/out Genie+: which queues are mostly inside?

We leave for Disney World in 2 weeks (sadly, we will miss the Epic Liner Meet :frowning:). We will NOT be purchasing Genie+ or any ILLs. I fully realize this means we will be waiting in lines, and that it is not ideal. If you have any experience waiting in standby lines, please share which queues are more ā€œpleasantā€ to experience: more indoors, interactive elements, etc.

Thanks for any input! No need to tell me we are crazy, I already am aware :crazy_face::joy:

3 Likes

My biggest wish for TP is to have an indoor queue option. Almost everything at Epcot except TT is indoors (not sure about Remy or GotG). Totally worth waiting in line for PoC or Mermaid since itā€™s in caves. Buzz is interactive as is TSM.

3 Likes

Thanks! Our Epcot day is actually what inspired this thread. Iā€™m hoping someone will know about Remy. Iā€™m trying to decide between having to wait later in the day for Remy vs. later in the day for TT. They both seem to have around the same wait times, so figured knowing which line would be more pleasant might help our decision!

A good amount of Remy is indoors. There is a portion outside under a pergola that is relatively shady. There isnā€™t much that is in the full sun, by my recollection.

Soarin and LwtL are the best indoor queues. Test Track is mostly indoors with only a portion outside in the shade.

Frozen Ever After has the most sunlight in the queue. Iā€™d hit that and Remy at RD or evening.

3 Likes

Hollywood Studios is almost all outdoors. I canā€™t think of a ride that doesnā€™t have a significant outdoor queue, often in direct sunlight.

AK doesnā€™t have many air conditioned queues, but most have shade. I think Dinosaur is the only one that is basically fully air conditioned.

MK is mixed. The queues I would try to hit at cooler times are Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder, and 7DMT.

2 Likes

TSM is the indoor interactive queue.

3 Likes

Ah thatā€™s right. Good one. And it occurs to me that the lines for Star Tours and Muppets are usually only indoors.

1 Like

Thanks, all of this is very helpful! This is our first trip back in 4 years, and we always took advantage of FPs before, so I honestly donā€™t recall too many of the queues. The ones I remember are rides that donā€™t usually have long lines, and seem to be inside.

I think we might RD Remy and then walk the long hike over to Frozen, and then go from there. Hoping for an early BG for GOTG, so probably that next. Thanks for letting me run my thoughts by you!

3 Likes

Are you staying on-site? If so, do you plan to rope drop?

1 Like

MFSR is mostly indoors or in the shade. MMRR is partly outside and partly inside. The shade depends on where the sun is.

2 Likes

Yes and yes! We are doing 3 days at MK and 2 at HS, so I think we will be ok for those, especially MK.

2 Likes

Great. The reason I asked is because Becky has some new videos out about maximizing Early Entry (without G+) that are very informative.

In case you or anyone else is interested, here is AK and EP: (MK & HS will be available next week)

6 Likes

Ooh, thanks! I have mostly been ignoring the TP YouTube videos lately because they have all been about G+.

1 Like
5 Likes

Thanks! I just watched the other one yesterday, now I can check out this one!

2 Likes