At what point do I give up?

With the quarantine for air travel in place and the land border closed, I will confess to wondering today how long it would take to canoe from Toronto to… is there a river between Titusville and Orlando?

2 Likes

What about a dragon boat? I’ll put my kids to work. They don’t have anything to do with the latest announcement re school.

2 Likes

You’d have to portage from Titusville to Orlando.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, we’re in a similar position. 3 weeks booked at GFV in August and facing likelihood of cancelling for the second year in a row.

The UK Gov will bring in the new travel lists on Monday and then update again on June 28. Because we’ll face the DVC points going into holding if we leave it much later, that’s my cut-off. If there’s no agreed UK-US air corridor at that point it’s postponing to 2022 and another mad scramble to find somewhere in Europe…

2 Likes

ugh… portaging. evil.

2 Likes

If you want the full experience (right now, no fireworks, questionable mask use by non-vaccinated, very few live performances/shows, no meet and greets), I’d wait until later in 2022, if I were coming from out of the country, honestly. Also if your friends are only going to be able to go once, they should be able to experience the entire world, including all the restaurants they want to enjoy. WDW likely won’t be fully back to everything working until next summer.
As a side note, your country’s numbers are similar to my state’s numbers (TX), and we have a population only about half of the UK. There is much less mask compliance here. If you or your friends are not fully vaccinated, I wouldn’t come.

2 Likes