ASSports: soft refurb only?!

Should I ask them to revise this to “When you relax in your guest room, at every resort except for Sports….”

6 Likes

Yes!!! Tweet them!

I need to know who is allowing carpet to stay at any hotel on property!?!!

1 Like

Disney Parks Blog has a link to the pocket guide for ASSports https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2022/04/beginners-guide-to-disneys-all-star-sports-resort/

Double beds!! I forgot that the full upgrade not only gave hard floors and the murphy bed, but also the queen beds. To me, unless I were traveling solo, that would be a hard pass.

3 Likes

I’m baffled that there is not a price difference reported for this resort vs the other All Star resorts.

1 Like

Why would ANY hotel put in double beds, ever? I don’t even fit in a double bed unless I sleep at an angle…which isn’t a possibility if you are sharing the bed with someone.

3 Likes

That article says queen beds. Did they goof?

1 Like

I’d say so. The pocket guide as well as Disney’s website describe the beds as doubles. For now. Here’s hoping the refurb hurries up!

1 Like

It is 100% ridiculous that A.S.S was not refurbed. Carpeting and new mattress… REALY??? what about continuity with the AS resorts. HEY BOB!!! do us all a favor and quit!!!

3 Likes

from the booking engine right now

3 Likes

Seriously! I booked my 1 night there next month bc I prefer that resort layout to the others. I was going to change, but I think since it’s just one night I’m going to stay with it for the nostalgia factor. Plus it’s just 1 night.

1 Like

And from the pocket guide:

2 Likes
1 Like

I was going to ask for this because I knew there was probably one out there.

Edited: so that says queen as well, but also notes not refurbished.

I couldn’t tell what the date was on the mattress.

I’m still not clear what size beds these are

3 Likes

There is so much distortion in each of the room photos that there is no way to judge much of anything. In some photos, the beds are stretched looking wide enough to be kings! In other photos, they barely look wide enough to be a twin.

Why are the photos like that?

1 Like

Thank you for posting the link to the blog post. They need to fire their PR department.

3 Likes

“While the furnishings and decor are dated, the carpet, bedding, pillows, curtains, and even the wallpaper border were brand new.” I don’t believe this is true at all. I saw other bloggers videos and the carpet in front of the sink was extremely worn down. I just cannot believe they would waste all the time and expense to just redo all of the rooms with the exact same ish.

2 Likes

Hey. Don’t yell at me :wink:

1 Like

OKAY!!!

Ahem. :wink:

1 Like

Good eye!
Nope, not new. If you look at the photos in TP’s very own Walt Disney World Value Resorts: A Decision Guide, they’re the same. I downloaded that in 2016. https://touringplans.com/ebooks

2 Likes