My wife and I have been very unsettled about our family trip, even having moved it from May to June and then to August. While I do have a lot of hope that parks will be open by August based on recent events, one thing we aren’t convinced of is that it would be open to off site guests. They have limit capacity, and I have this feeling that will only allow resort guests into the parks.
As such, even if we stayed off site and parks were open, there was the worry we simply wouldn’t be let into the parks.
So, we decided to do something wild and crazy and…stay on site!
So, we now have 3 nights scheduled at Universal’s Endless Summer resort (two rooms, one of which is a family suite), and then 7 nights at Disney’s All Start Movies (three separate rooms).
This definitely is more expensive…but it has much greater flexibility in terms of cancellations, as well as certainty if they are open that we’ll actually make it into the parks. (There is the added bonus of the 60 days FPP, but I’m not sure how valuable that will end up being during this time period.)
We feel SO MUCH better now. So, unless the parks are actually closed (in which case we’d cancel), we can make this trip work.