Arrivals by Disney bus turned away after COVID+ on the bus?

I am booked for an October cruise on the Disney Dream. My TA texted last night with a message from her TA group saying that if you take the Disney bus to the port and someone on the bus tests positive for COVID the entire bus may be denied entry to the boat. The message stated “I called and the agent I had on the phone with shoreside assistance said they are not social distancing on the buses to the port so if a person on the bust tests positive for COVID they can deny the whole bus from boarding the ship. Said it would be determined at the port.” TA is trying to get confirmation but said “DO NOT GET ON THAT BUS”.

I watched the live stream from TP and the girl said she saw about 25 people board a bus with luggage. To be safe, I booked a private transport last night. Family has all been vaccinated including DS12 but I’m not risking it.

3 Likes

Have not heard this yet. Please keep us updated as you hear more.

I just saw on Redit where 25 families were turned away because they didn’t get PCR tests for kids before sailing or misunderstanding the guidelines Disney sent out about unvaccinated people and what needed to be submitted in the health app prior to sailing. I read that info with a fine tooth comb and re-read it and talked extensively with my TA about it. Luckily the three of us all have vaccines. I’ll keep you posted on what she finds out. We leave in 60 days.

1 Like

There is a Reddit post on chat regarding families that missed the fact that their children needed a negative PCR test to board.

Are these two different issues? A TP tweet was linked on the thread too.

Reddit thread

TP tweet
https://twitter.com/touringplans/status/1424875285019828227?s=21

1 Like

I just read that. I wonder if that is what it was vs a positive test on bus. My TA is investigating right now. I will play it safe and booked a private car to get the three of us there. Hopefully its all worked out by October when I go.

Oy that sucks. They really should have at least had water/snacks and a place designated for these families to wait.

While the information about getting kids tested beforehand is out there, I sympathize with the families who didn’t get the memo (so to speak). I have a trip to Hawaii planned for early October and am super stressed about forgetting a step in the pre-clearance to the point of wanting to reschedule to next year just to relieve the stress. But there’s no guarantee it won’t still be required then.

I won’t be cruising until Covid is either a non-issue or the protocols have become old hat / fool-proof. No way I would have tried to be on that first ship unless I had zero issue not making it on (ie, a local couple with no kids).

3 Likes

Did you see the change to numbers for indoor and outdoor gatherings?

1 Like

No I did not. What is it?

Limited to 10 indoors, 25 outdoors, and some discussion on lowering restaurant capacity back to 50. They are trying to avoid changing the testing rules but are worried it may come to that. Keep your finger on the pulse, my friend.

2 Likes

this is for Hawaii?

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

TY, I know @Wahoohokie said they were considering requiring both a neg test in 72 hr (very specific test) and vaccination. We’ve got a 1bv at Aulani in 26 days. I’m w/ @Jeff_AZ and considering waiting. Too much to do at the last ;minute. Too much to go wrong at the last minute. What kind of travel insurance should i have?

1 Like

Is this behind a paywall for you? It’s a little old and hopefully all information that you already know, but I remember reading it and cringing for the poor woman.

2 Likes

I heard discussion of the testing rules yesterday. The capacity thing sucks though. Not sure how it impacts our plans. Restaurants certainly would.

It is behind a pay wall. Our local news shared a story a month ago about a couple that went to Hawaii for their honeymoon and spent it in a hotel quarantine ‘arrest’ b/c they didn’t get the correct covid test. Hawaii didn’t even let them quarantine in the hotel they booked and paid for.

1 Like

I’m running out to pickup my kids but I’ll copy and paste the relevant info. The woman had to turn around and go home!

2 Likes

DH and I already discussed using our full kitchen in our villa b/c restaurant reviews at Aulani are so poor. We’ve got a good deal on a rental car and will hit the commissary for CONUS grocery prices.

1 Like

Yikes!!! TY