Arrival Day TP and DVC Resort Check in question

Hey Team. Thinking about arrival day park plans and checking in at BLT for mid-Dec. trip. What have “room ready” times typically been lately? Right at 4? Earlier? Any info will help a good arrival day TP.

So I moved between 3 different dvc rooms on my last trip and both of my subsequent rooms were available in the morning of my checkout day so I was never homeless.

1 Like

Recently my experience has been 4:00 or slightly later. I have read reports of after 5 recently.

1 Like

This is amazing, you just got lucky!

1 Like

Whether your room’s ready or not, just leave your stuff with Bell Services and head off to the park. You should still get a room ready text, or if not just ask when you get back. It’ll be quicker to leave your stuff than cart it to your room first anyway!

If you’re heading to MK then maybe allow 20-30 minutes to check your stuff and get into the park. The 10 minute leeway is for the restroom. :wink:

3 Likes

In May, my rooms were ready on the later side - 3, 4, 5pm. On my arrival day at AKL, they didn’t assign me a room until I arrived on DME at 6pm. In October, my Poly room was ready a little after 2pm.

I’ve seen lots of reports of people getting rooms late in my DVC facebook group. We’ve always gotten our room info around 2-3 pm.

Split stay last month- went straight from SSR to BCV @11am- asked the desk and they had us in a room immediately -

3 Likes

So what we are saying is that it is consistently inconsistent

2 Likes

I think it always has been inconsistent. Even when there were no staffing issues.

It can depend on staffing.
It can depend on how many people they have checking out that day.
It can depend on what type of room it is.
It can depend on what room requests you may have made and if they were able to meet them.
It can depend on whether they have a room available that you are willing to take over the room request you made.
It can depend on when you arrive and when others checking in the same day arrive.

As every DVC Facebook page likes to point out “check in is after 4pm” . Any time you get in early it is a bonus.

My last trip was the first time ever, I asked for (and received), a late check out. Housekeeping approved me staying until noon since they would not get to my room before then.

3 Likes

Never suggested otherwise?

1 Like

Sorry, was just reiterating it’s always been inconsistent as to what time people get rooms available.

1 Like