Arrival Day Dinner Recommendation

Yes I was going to say the same. I’ve heard Sebastian’s is excellent and worth the trip over, even better if you’re already staying there.

We’ve always wanted to stay outside on the Tiki Terrace (to fill up on warm outside time that we don’t get up in the frozen north of NYC for months on end), so we haven’t gone inside Trader Sam’s proper. But both times we went (granted, in September when CLs were suuuper low) there weren’t a ton of people until later in the evening.

Last night I suddenly got very panicked about not having enough time at Epcot for my mom to enjoy Flower and Garden on our final day. So, I’m now thinking we’ll head over to Epcot when we arrive and knock out a few of the rides she didn’t get to enjoy last time…so she can devote as much attention as she wants to Flower and Garden on the last day. With that in mind, I made a 7:40PM reservation for Cape May for arrival night. It has mixed reviews, but she and I both love crab legs and she doesn’t get to eat them very often. From there we can pop over to Trader Sam’s or head to Disney Springs.
Any strong opinions on Cape May? I’m happy to hear them good or bad!

My husband and I both like Cape May. We just can’t justify paying almost $30 per kid (or whatever it is) to have our boys eat a bowl of Mac and cheese and goldfish crackers. We’ll be back to devour the feast when the boys really start putting food away and making the buffet cost worthwhile again.

1 Like

OK, right, I’ve heard of this, I just didn’t know what it was called…

1 Like

Okay - I’ve made my Arrival Day Dinner plans…now I’m trying to plan for Epcot dinner. La Hacienda or Tokyo Dining? I have reservations for both…if we do La Hacienda it will be at 7pm. If we do Tokyo Dining, it will probably be where we watch Illuminations.
Thoughts? Experiences? I’ve not dined at either…so I’m very torn.

I would not “assume” that you will be able see Illuminations from Tokyo Dining; maybe, but not for sure. If seeing the show is important to you, I would choose the early reservation at LH and then find a good spot to watch the show afterwards… FWIW, I have never understood wanting to watch the show while eating dinner; they are two separate events that should be enjoyed individually, not competing with each other. But I digress…

As far as the food goes, they are both good choices. I have several very good Japanese restaurants near my house, so I rarely use my limited number of EP dining slots on either of the restaurants in Japan - but I have no complaints about either the food or the restaurant. I think how you relate to the food in LH has a lot to do with where you live. Compared to the Mexican food I ate in San Diego I would call it average to a bit above average. Compared to the Mexican food I can get in Pensacola it’s 4-star.

Excellent points! Illuminations is of secondary importance. I didn’t even have it on our plan originally…but then I remembered that it would probably be the last time we ever saw it…still not sure how much of a priority it is. :slight_smile:
I appreciate the feedback on the food. I have good food options in Boston for both cuisines, but my mom, who lives in Kansas, has more limited choices when it comes to international cuisine. My main priority is eating TS at one of the restaurants we both have not tried before (there’s a lot of them).

I chose to use open table to book Raglan Road on arrival day for that reason–if we get held up/arrive later, we don’t have to stress if we have to cancel the reservation.

2 Likes