Arrival choices

On our arrival day I do not think we have time for a park. Instead was planning on doing a character dinner. If you only had time for one would you do chef mickey followed by pirates and pals cruise or mickeys backyard bbq? two girls ages 6 and 4. was planning on doing pirate league earlier in the week

Are your girls into princesses? If so, you can do 1900 Park Fare at GF where Cinderella, Prince Charming (I think?), Fairy Godmother, stepsisters etc…visit your table! Chef Mickey’s would also be a good one to get some character fun in to kick things off as well! If you’re undecided I would probably say Backyard BBQ, so many people rave about it…and I hear CM is better for breakfast (but have only personally experienced breakfast there, not dinner).

1 Like

I found CM dinner to be lacking. I think it’s probably my least favorite character dining location for any meal, actually. Food-wise I think Backyard BBQ is the winner, though you have to go get in line for character M&Gs. They do not visit the tables there, but the bonus there is the added entertainment, and the chance for the kids to go out and dance. The food at 1900 Park Fare is good, the step sisters and stepmother are a hoot, and they (and Cinderella and Prince Charming) do visit your table.

Another vote for Mickey’s Backyard BBQ. In fact, we are doing that on our arrival date as well. I’m sure your girls will get a kick out of it and there’s decent food (and booze!) for the whole family. If your kids like meeting characters, they will get to dance with Mickey, Goofy, etc and it’s so cute!

We love both CM and MBYBBQ.

That said, MBYBBQ will lose its appeal once they hit a certain age, I think so I would take this opportunity to do it now.

CM is always our traditional farewell dinner, so that may be influencing me too

Such hard choices. Wish there was time for everything :wink: