Are you fricken kidding me?

DL iasw from the outside is awesome.

I did pass on the inside tho.

1 Like

The only time I’ll go in IASW is at DL at Christmas :joy:

DL is certainly superior at Christmas. I was so disappointed when I went in Dec 2017. I need my Haunted Mansion Holiday.

1 Like

I was just watching the kid on Mickey Views you tube and he mentioned the Xmas lights. Something about them needling to fireproof them every year and it costs $3million. He is also appropriately outraged there are rumors Disney may nix them forever.

2 Likes

That would be such a shame. I really hate this heavy lean on projections for everything.

1 Like

I agree. I was underwhelmed by Christmas at Disney. We had fun because it it Disney, but I really didn’t get into the Christmas spirit until I got home. When we go to our local amusement park for Christmas, there are lights everywhere and it is beautiful.

I would say Toy Story land and looking at the tree in MK when standing near Casey’s and looking away from the castle were probably the 2 areas that really seemed to be decked out.

1 Like

Isn’t the Christmas decorations the reason people pick December to go? I guess there is those that go during their kids Christmas break.

1 Like

Yeah it was a fairly underwhelming Christmas feeling this year. Not just at Disney, but everywhere I feel. HS has felt the most festive for the season the last few years, but MK was especially lacking thus year for me.

1 Like

It’s also one of the cheapest DVC times of year along with usually low to moderate crowds.

2 Likes

Didnt wrap a single present till today :woman_facepalming: everything before went in bags. This year was just soooo off. I had to keep telling Alexa to play different kinds of Christmas music and wasnt feeling any of it :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Our county does a Christmas light trail that is very popular in the region. We went there the week after Disney and I found my Christmas spirit.

7 Likes

I actually had most of my shopping done by mid December, but I was up til 1am on the 23rd wrapping. Last 2 gifts went into bags bc I was o-v-e-r it. And this is coming from someone who volunteers to wrap presents usually.

1 Like

That’s beautiful!

1 Like

For me, too. Just barely got our tree and living room decorated.

2 Likes

It was a weird Christmas. I’d had the presents bought and wrapped early because I was worried about them not arriving in time. I had declared that this year I wasn’t going to follow the silly No Decorating Until Thanksgiving rule. I declared Halloween much more reasonable. But, we had stuff happen and it was mid-Dec.

1 Like

In all seriousness, this year felt off for me too. And I’m Mr. Christmas. No reason for it either that I can pinpoint. Got all the gifts I needed to, even decorated but I was way late (like a full week after thanksgiving), barely listened to music.

The whole thing felt like it wasn’t real. Like it’s when you’re at Disney and they’re saying “happy halloween!” in August.

3 Likes

Hmm.

Me, too. I didn’t get that “it’s Christmas” feeling at any point. That’s never happened before.

3 Likes

This is sooooooo accurate and the absolute best way to describe how this Christmas has felt.

I think some of it too was 2020 Christmas we were thankful to have made it through the year, vaccines were on the horizon, hope was firmly in sight, normalcy was just around the corner. This year it’s like dammit! The 2020 Christmas sequel that never should have been made.

8 Likes

I am so happy I read through the end of this thread because misery needs company, right?

Christmas Eve had me feeling the most in-Christmasy that I have ever felt. I am usually super into Christmas but this year… nope. :disappointed:
I am concerned that I won’t have that same reset that I usually have over the holidays break and then it will be back to the work doldrums.

5 Likes

Yup. Jan/Feb are always hard. The only saving grace is several holidays.

4 Likes

I am so happy for the scheduling of the WDW trip. Starts noon Jan 28th. I would have have a mental breakdown if it had started any closer to Christmas.

Back in the old days when companies had Christmas parties. My company had theirs in Jan or Feb. Our super-busy time is the end of the year, and one party most people brought their laptops to the party to work during it. I always liked it being in Jan/Feb because it gave me something to look forward to.

2 Likes