Are you fricken kidding me?

Yup. Jan/Feb are always hard. The only saving grace is several holidays.

4 Likes

I am so happy for the scheduling of the WDW trip. Starts noon Jan 28th. I would have have a mental breakdown if it had started any closer to Christmas.

Back in the old days when companies had Christmas parties. My company had theirs in Jan or Feb. Our super-busy time is the end of the year, and one party most people brought their laptops to the party to work during it. I always liked it being in Jan/Feb because it gave me something to look forward to.

2 Likes

On the original topic: I actually like the projections better than physical lights. I’m not a huge fan of the DL ones either. I think they muddle the edges of the castle too much and take away some of its impact.

I’ve had a great Christmas but this period is always filled with dread due to being a financial accountant (not taxes) who is perpetually busy from January - early May. I want to curl up in the fetal position and hibernate till my DL trip around Memorial Day.

8 Likes

Agreed. The lights on the castle I wasn’t a huge fan of. Honestly, it always looked kinda amateur to me. They never seemed bolted on right, some of the strands would be out, they swayed in the breeze, kinda screwed up photos in the day (Cause you could see the netting), and really screwed up photos at night by being as bright as the sun and nothing else would be shown cause the camera could only compensate for that.

3 Likes

Let’s have everyone calm down before someone says something stupid.

12 Likes

yeah but it almost NEVER looked like that for casual guest photographer.

And this is the one that I see in my head whenever I think back on it. Dark structure with white lights on it. Not the glowing blue structure look that your shot had.

I’m not saying I’d rather have nothing, but just I don’t feel it was as amazing as it could have been.

Though I do question the “3 Million” price tag that was mentioned earlier. I call BS.

5 Likes

Meanwhile, this isn’t all that terrible, and it’s animated.

and, other benefits of the projections: it wraps around the castle more AND there’s no Crane blocking the walkway for a month.

(BTW, why is it the only park that doesn’t extend the christmas decor beyond the main area is MK? AK, Epcot, and HS all have stuff stretching back throughout the parks)

5 Likes

This.

All the bellyaching every year when the crane appeared to put it up and then take it down.

None of that anymore!

3 Likes

I don’t think the projections look Christmassy at all. The lights however, are gorgeous and scream Christmas to me.

I am good with the crane for a bit if it gets me to the gorgeously lit castle.

2 Likes

This looks like 20 different quilts threw up on the castle. :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

I don’t know, but that really bothers me too. They could do so much in Liberty Square.

4 Likes

everyone is entitled to their incorrect opinion. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I am glad that you can admit that you are wrong. :rofl::crazy_face:

2 Likes

me too, even gladder that this isn’t one of those times…phew…

bullet: dodged.

4 Likes

:thinking: I hear a @Jeff_AZ poll calling. :laughing:

Kinda like the old castle colors VS new colors one.

2 Likes

might I suggest the entries?

Do you want to see:

• Icicle Lights
  • Projections
  • Bob Chapek Fired

…I think we all know the winner here…

15 Likes

The only upside to the projections is that it completely hides the grotesque pink they desecrated the castle with!

6 Likes

2nd upside - if enough people complain about a particular design, they can get a new one with minimal incremental cost.

3 Likes

The projections don’t remove the unsightly pink though, so we are still subjected to it during daylight hours.

1 Like

The important thing here is that @Minnie27mouse is completely correct on all points on this subject.

1 Like