Are we there yet?

Been a long time since I even logged on. Thinking of Universal for February. Not ready to go for WDW. Feel like I want full confirmation things will be normal for that. Seeing what everyone else is thinking? Part of me feels like it is too early and the park will be too restricted to enjoy (need to mention, that’s ok. I had covid in September and carried symptoms for three weeks, it was worse than I anticipated.) The other part of me is because it is now behind me I want to live and a few days on Transformers and Kong will be exactly what we need to say hi to 2021…

Thoughts?

1 Like

We’re all just waiting to see… It’s been pretty crowded at UO even during the middle of the week / “off-season” months. There’s been a lot of guessing as to why - it’s definitely locals though. The hotels, that are open, are empty. My guess is with kids doing remote learning, parents are more apt to just skip school and head to the parks.

5 Likes

haha I would do the same if I could… Thanks

3 Likes

I’m planning to be at USO either 1/31-2/2 or 2/7-2/9 this year. I plan to stay at HRHf for Express Passes.

1 Like

What do you mean by normal?

1 Like

We were there in late August and will probably go early February again.

In late August the only problem was the food. Eating was a real hassle. But, then the crowds went from a predicted 2 to an 8. I don’t think that they were expecting that much demand. Plus, when it is hot out, people are more likely to want to eat in AC.

I would have wanted to see the lightshow again, but we’ve seen it so missing it wasn’t that big of a deal. We met the characters on our first trip Feb 2020, so was OK with not doing that again. There were the markers in the line. That wasn’t a big deal for us. DD treated it like a never-ending game of musical chairs and she was amused that the rule was that her parents had to stay behind her.

Unlike Disney, there aren’t that many things that are closed. The light show and some of the carnival rides are closed. That is all I remember.

1 Like

Very unlikely that parks will be fully back to “normal” by February. 2 vaccine trials were recently stopped, and even if a different one gets approval (unlikely before December), it will take time to distribute widely.

1 Like

In defense of djocks, “Thinking of Universal for February. Not ready to go for WDW. Feel like I want full confirmation things will be normal for that.”
So, they aren’t expecting normal in Feb, and therefore they are considering USO and not WDW.

2 Likes

Fair. I think I read too fast :slight_smile:

1 Like

It jumped out at me, because it is precisely where I am at. Planning a USO trip, but postponing a WDW trip a year.
Originally we were going to WDW Jan 2021 to do Star Wars one year after it opened. When I realized how cheap the USO AP’s were, we went there in Feb 2020 so that the AP would still be effective for our WDW Jan 2021 trip. Now we’ve replaced the WDW trip with another USO trip.

1 Like

Haha. So my DD’s are now 17 and 13. I probably can get one more WDW trip out of them before it’s next stage of life time and I cry. Feeling like since that’s the case I’m leaning toward waiting till 2022. But I literally just got over a 3 week case of covid. And I’m in that life is short head space and thinking I’m booking universal for 4 days in feb tmro. Can’t wait forever. Thanks all for the replies.

3 Likes

You know, when all of this started I looked back on all of the trips I took and the money I probably shouldn’t have spent and was really damn glad that I did it! And I probably won’t second-guess too much going forward. Live it up while you can!

4 Likes

Omg SAME !!! But your right. Greatest memories of my life.

1 Like

So after further research I do not think “we are there yet”. The parks seem great and able to provide amazing times, however, despite testing positive in September my state will still require me to quarantine upon arriving for two weeks because February will be beyond the 90 day exemption to avoid that status. This is something I can not afford or risk due to work.

This is so frustrating. Really hoping there is a shift to brighter times sometime soon. Thanks for all the input and help.

1 Like