Are there quiet places to take a phone call in the parks?

Wonderful! Thank you for the tips and for the well-wishes!

It might be worth a quick stop to ask a CM at the beginning of your day if they have any ideas of where you could sneak off to, to take a call. I can’t remember if quest services in WDW parks is similar to Disneyland, where they various guest services throughout the parks, not just the busy ones at the park entrances.

3 Likes

Oh and I wish you the very best of luck! I am currently interviewing for a new position and it is nerve wracking!

2 Likes

I also get to take work calls while on vacation. It seems like there will definitely be somewhere in every park that will work. Finding them will be a fun game to play the next time we’re there.

I’m 99% sure I have a good one for you at HS. We found a really nice dead end alley/entrance where we played with the kids and chatted with a CM for a while that would be great for this. I’m not sure I even remember hearing background music:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the CM tip, that’s a great idea! And best of luck with your interviews as well! :slight_smile:

1 Like

oh, this is an absolutely brilliant spot! Thank you so much!

I don’t know what kind of phone you have, but my sister talks to me almost every morning with her noise cancelling Airpods pro in her ear, and I don’t hear any of her background. She says sometimes she’s even blow-drying her hair when we talk… Just an idea.

3 Likes

wow, that’s an incredible degree of noise cancellation! I’ll have to see if there are any good post-xmas sales on those things. Thanks!

1 Like

Apple doesn’t really put their products on sale. It reduces the perceived value.

2 Likes

Behind the Christmas Shop is also what a CM recommended to my friend. Still noisy as music is playing everywhere, always. In her case, the person she was supposed to talk to never showed for the meeting, so it was a wasted 20
mins instead (needless to say she was peeved)

The other parks probably easier to find quiet spots than MK.

1 Like

I bought some of these earlier this year and they are incredible! I didn’t even know they cancelled noise for people on the other end of a conversation. I use them to listen to music / podcasts / movies while I run on a treadmill. Also great for airplanes. They were expensive but worth every penny.

4 Likes

I had to take a call in AK and happened to be near the Finding Nemo Building, it is very quiet near the restrooms that are behind that building.

In AK if you take the train out to conservation station I want to say that there is not even background music playing along the path and it is only busy when a new trainload comes in.
In HS I find the muppet area, especially way back in the back by the currently closed gift shop to be pretty quiet