Are "resort for a day" timings accurate?

I spent a long time googling this and can’t find anything…when you look up a specific cruise on Resort for a Day it tells you what the expected time in port is. For example, all of the Disney Magic cruises I looked up had 8:30 am - 5:15 pm in Nassau, whereas the ones for the Dream arrived at 9:30. Are these times to be believed, or is this a rough estimate? I remember reading a review saying that their DCL cruise left Nassau at 2:30, but I don’t know where they were headed…it might have been a very different itinerary than what I’m looking at (basically, the ones that go to Nassau and Castaway Cay). I’ve never cruised before so I don’t know if these times tend to be set in stone or not…but I get the impression that with cruising nothing is ever set in stone…

I’e cruised on Disney CL twice and 7 other times on other cruise lines. The arrival and departure are usually accurate except for unforeseen events. We did a shore excursion through Disney CL to a lovely resort in Mexico. We felt we had plenty of time. The shore excursion are accurate for time frames also.

1 Like

The times are accurate. Similar to airports, but way less complex, cruise ports “book” ships for arrival and departure times. Changes would be related to in-the-moment, unforeseen circumstances.

1 Like