Are changes in hours done far enough in advance to cancel ADRs?

Ok so just wondering, we are going to be at WDW in February and have a couple Pre-RD ADRs while there. But have read stores of times were park hours have changed making Pre-RD not so great and was wondering if the park hours change do you have enough time to cancel the ADRs without having to pay the $10 per person fee? Do they consider that an acceptable reason to cancel and not charge? Or are you just out of luck and you either take the hit of the $30 or miss out on the earlier hours?

Thank for any information.

On both of my last trips the park hours changed, but they were all done at least a couple (if not several) weeks before the date. I can’t say for certain that there is always this much advance notice given, but I would imagine it’s typical. If so, this should be plenty of time for you to cancel your ADRs, if need be.

You can cancel your ADRs the day before with no penalty or hassle. It is very rare that WDW would change park hours the day before, especially the time of year you are going.

Thanks @RobertSch6 and @brklinck that’s what I needed to know! Your awesome!

[quote=“brklinck, post:3, topic:19020”]
It is very rare that WDW would change park hours the day before, especially the time of year you are going[/quote]

They’ll sometimes change the park closing time on the fly during the day, but you’re right that once the weekly times guides come out, park opening times almost never change.

Also, I would think that 8:00am openings are almost always set at least a couple of weeks in advance,