April weather

I’ve never been to Florida in April, so what is your advice on scheduling please? In Dec we mainly stayed out all day and spent the evenings at the resort. If we went in August I’d definitely do pool time in the afternoon, but for April I’m unsure. I know the weather is unpredictable, but would you always plan to be somewhere cooler in the afternoon?

I’ve been in April twice. We typically finished up around 4pm, but not because of the heat. I think April is still pretty much stay out all day type weather.

1 Like

April 2017 there were daytime highs around 92-94 degrees. But it was not humid so it was fine.

2 Likes

We’ve now gone to Orlando in April three times, and I would go back during that time in a heartbeat! The weather was hot, but not humid—very pleasant for spending all day there. In terms of rain, it rained once (and I’m counting all three trips).

3 Likes

We were there last month and it was definitely hot. Not summer hot, but in the mid to upper 80s and humid.

1 Like

We were there the second week of April. I wore jeans and a sweatshirt to MK after dinner. It was in the upper 50’s. During the day, we had mid to upper 70’s and a few low 80s. It was perfect and much cooler than out October 2017 trip.

1 Like

April is DIVINE. Warm but not usually hot days, cooler nights. Not a lot of rain. Perfection IMO.

2 Likes

I’m reading these replies and I’m wondering - are we talking about Florida, or Maryland? LOL The weather can swing 30 degrees quickly. The joke around here goes like this… It’s Maryland - don’t like the weather, wait 15 minutes.

1 Like

Michigan has the same joke, except usually it is 5 minutes. :slight_smile:

I suspect the joke is somewhat universal since the volatility of the weather is somewhat universal. (Although, I’ve heard out west in Oregon and Washington, there is far less variability in the weather.)

1 Like

Agreed, at least for 2018. This was the nicest “warm month” I think I’ve experienced in 6 years of living in Florida.

1 Like

It was also true in 2017 which was our first experience traveling in April. We’ll never not go in April again, at least as long as we have the choice to!

2 Likes

We have been 1st week and 2 week of April. It was warm but not too bad, the humidity wasn’t bad which IMO is what gets you. And I live in the South where it’s humid from May to September. I have also been in August and end of October and it was considerably more hot and humid. I vowed never to go again in August. It’s hotter then 10 he!!s at that time.

3 Likes

We went the first week of April last year and the weather was beautiful! It did get warm, but nothing too egregious.

2 Likes

Couple more questions on April weather please. Should I really try and avoid doing jedi training at 1pm? Should we bring coats, hats, scarves and gloves to Florida?

No hats or scarves. Perhaps a light jacket or sweater for mornings or evenings. You’ll want swimsuits for midday!

April is DELIGHTFUL.

2 Likes

our first trip ever was in april. absolutely gorgeous. and just warm enough for the water parks and pool and hardly any rain

2 Likes

@Tate I was at Disney last April. I wore tank tops and shorts from sunup to sundown the entire 5 days. We swam in the afternoon. Temps ranged from 80-90 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s warm. I enjoy April warmth with no humidity. Personally, don’t think it’s necessary to avoid 1pm Jedi training.

Pack sunblock, or buy it in Orlando when you land. I did come home a little burnt from not applying often enough.

2 Likes

And sunglasses and a hat for sun, but not a hat to keep warm! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks @SillySamsMom, maybe we can coincide a trip again in 2021

1 Like

I would like that! I’m strongly considering trying off site stays in the future to decrease cost. I don’t know what discounts you guys get but Disney is costing me a fortune every year. I think we’re taking 2020 off so we can remodel the basement.

1 Like