April Crowd Calendar - MK Plan

Good afternoon everyone, been a while since I have posted but we are officially heading back to DisneyWorld for a family vacation this April! We are arriving the day after Easter. The question I have is how much change is it reasonable to expect from the crowd calendar projection? Currently day 1 of the MK for us is April 19th and is rated as a “6”. Our plan is to take advantage of the early opening for resort guests. I took a quick first cut at a Touring Plan using the optimizer and I have to say it seems unreasonable to be able to get as much done as this tool currently predicts. Don’t get me wrong, I hope its right, but wanted to get the group’s thoughts. My rough plan is linked below:

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=4535071

This is a no room for pictures, admiring the queue, run kids run, type of itinerary. I like to set my pace to relaxed to build in time and if a wait time is off by a few minutes.

The early morning fantasyland ride times look attainable but as @drvillarejos said, you would be running from to ride.

I would say that low wait time at 7DMT is 99% impossible. The only way you would have that low of a wait is by being at the front of rope drop and hightailing it to the queue first thing.

1 Like

I agree - 7DMT seems impossible unless you’re purchasing ILL. Everything else seems completely doable.

We will be there roughly the same time, arriving the Tuesday after Easter.

Edit: I also doubt the park will open at 8 on that day given that it opened at 9 most of Christmas week.

I think the saving grace you have in this plan is the 50 minutes of free time just before the break. This gives a padding for what will undoubtedly be glitches in everything before it.

Personally, I think it is wise to set your walking speed slower, and insertIng some breaks for restrooms and food will help make this less pressured.

1 Like

I do this with EVERY plan I make, relaxed pace. I’m not the run, run, run type. I like to slow down and enjoy things. But I’m ultra fixated on plans, lists and time management. So if my plan is too strict, and I fall behind, I panic (almost attackish).

1 Like

I have the exact same concerns, except I’m going two-weeks before Easter from April 2nd through 9th. Except for Saturdays and Epcot Friday, the parks are predicted 1 - 3 crowd levels. It basically reflects that I will have no issue riding everything I want by dedicating one day to each park, and a couple parks only necessitating a half day or a bit more. This is with breaks and average walk pace.

I’m calling this to be impossible. Really hoping to get some updated feedback on touring plans the coming months.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the feedback! If I am being honest the plan I put together was intended to be our entire Day 1 MK plan, I never intended to have all my steps complete by 12:00 PM, before I hit optimize I thought it would run into the afternoon. We are staying at the WL and have an 8 year old and 5 year old, our intention was to leave the park around noon and go back around 3:00 PM or so.

I see that there’s already a consensus, that I do agree with. here’s my “detailed” answer. Hope it helps!!

Your plans seem pretty tight on time. I’ve seen too many “perfect” plans that go from ride-to-ride nonstop. You really need to put a 10 – 15 minute break in your plan every 1.5 – 2 hours. I’ve had more than one person tell me, “I’m on vacation. I don’t need to schedule when I pee.”

These breaks are a buffer for unexpected Magic / toilet / gift shops / drinks / etc.…

When putting in these breaks make sure to account for the walking time to your next attraction. Any time you insert a “rest” into a plan, the walking times after the rest are wrong due to a bug in TP software. For example, you are at Dumbo, then rest, and then plan to go to Jungle Cruise it only allocates a one minute walk time, instead of what should have been like 10-15 minutes.

If your next attraction is nearby this isn’t a big deal, but it is something to consider.

It’s always IMHO better to have the break & not need it than get behind.

Also, IME, while I LOVE TP it’s not perfect. On average I have to cut 2 - 4 attractions / shows every day. This is even with giving myself all those breaks. More often than not TP will greatly underestimate a couple of predicted queue waits. (Often an additional 30 - 50 minutes) So… be prepared to figure out what you can be ok missing or not getting a repeat ride on.

I have kept my plans over the last three years and written out all the data. (predicted vs. actual waits) IME - Touring Plans averages +81 minutes longer than predicted each day. Again… I’ll never go to WDW / DLR / UOR without a personalized TP , but I’ve learned that you have to leave good amounts of unscheduled time & add in 10 – 15 minutes breaks every 90 minutes or so to be able to realistically accomplish all that I want.

1 Like