April 21, 2020 CL high for MK? Is it b/c Easter was April 21 2019?

I will be in Disney this week, I noticed the day we picked for MK is supposed to be an 8 - I was surprised! It’s just a Tuesday in late April in an otherwise medium CL week, but it also happens to be the same date as Easter last year. Is the Crowd Calendar being skewed by the fact that April 21 was Easter last year? Wondering if I should swap my days, but don’t want to re-do dining reservations.

I think the whole week might be higher. The weekend leading into it is Star Wars Race weekend and that week is NE school vacation.

4/20 is National Weed Day. Crowd levels are so high that day that they don’t even come down until well after the following day.:smirk:

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The rest of the week (even the weekends) is quite a bit lower on the CC. The Tuesday seems to be an anomaly. We’re there this week as well so I’ll be keeping an eye on it as we get closer.

Be aware that these CLs are not definite until about 60 days out. (Really until about 45 - 30 days) Right now they are just using historical data for 2018 / 2019.

Also, sometimes that far in advance they are just using the historical data from that calendar date and not adjusted for the day of the week.

For example, if your trip starts on a Monday, that day was probably a Sat. or Sun. in 2019. So you might see a CL10 because this year that “date” was a weekend or in your case a holiday. When they update the calendar in 2020 they’ll adjust for that date being on Monday this time.

Basically, start making your plans and seeing what TP suggests is the best plan. However, know that you’ll “real” plan won’t be ready until after you get your FPP booked.

I love TP but any CL # that is more than 60 days out I no longer trust. Wait and see… it’ll fluctuate. TP only updates about 60 days in advance and copies & pastes the previous year’s historical info into the farther away future dates.

1 Like

Fortunately only VT, MA, & ME have their Spring Recess the 20-24 this year. Everyone else is the week before except NH which is 4/27-5/1.

RI and CT too or not?

I just looked- no!

With Earth Day being Wednesday, April 22nd, does CL of 4 seem reasonable for Animal Kingdom?

Anyone been to Animal Kingdom on Earth Day? Seems like it would be a fun day to be there, but I assumed it would be crazy busy, but a CL 4 actually would be great.

I have been to AK on Earth Day. It hasn’t been too crowded.

@ascutta, April 21st is a Moonlight Magic Night at MK. It will bring in DVC members at 6.

2 Likes

I’m in RI and we are off 20-24. I know several people going to WDW that week.

We went during April vacation in 2018, a year it wasn’t near Easter, and didn’t think the crowds were bad at all.

1 Like

4/20…my birthday!

2 Likes

Thank you for that full explanation!

Wow! Where did you find the moonlight Magic info? I couldn’t find that anywhere!

Oh scratch that, I found it!