April 2023 - Is there a thread for people going during this time?

Fiancé and I will be there 4/3-4/5. Getting on Tron is of course a priority but a little nervous about our chances of getting a BG or ILL on opening day! We have MK reservations on 4/4 and 4/5.

2 Likes

We will be there April 15-24 - staying at Boardwalk villas. This is adult only so no pressure! Lots of pool relaxing and park roaming.

1 Like

We will be there Easter weekend, which isn’t ideal crowd wise, but :person_shrugging:. We are sharing a VIP tour with another family on Sunday and hoping to ride Tron then. My only other must is HEA. I’m not so patiently waiting for them to release dessert parties for that week. We are staying at BC, my kids’ first BC/YC stay and my first on the hotel side of Beach.

3 Likes

Hello! My DS & I are planning to go 4/15-4/22, staying at Wilderness Lodge for the first time. First trip since our canceled trip in 2020. My DS has autism and is a big character fan. We have been going every year for his bday for years until Covid. He will be 25!
We had been waiting to return when most character interactions were back to normal since that is his favorite thing.
I’m nervous about all the changes and trying to learn how to do everything. I used to be such a good planner. Now I feel kinda lost.
We always go in April so we know it can be very busy but usually the weather is pretty good and Epcot looks beautiful. We’ve never experienced a virtual queue & park reservations so I’m nervous about making that work out. We are used to having AP & park hopping.
Would love to hear anyone’s tips. Everything seems so different (planning wise) now.

5 Likes

I’m nervous too, but all we can do is prepare the best we can!

Is anyone here going mid-April? I have a question about dining availability Apr 21-26, once anyone can “see” that far ahead.

2 Likes

April 8 - April 15. Staying at Boardwalk Villas.

Me, DW, DD8, and DS6. Last trip with kids was Feb 2020. DW and I went w/o kids May 2021.

Nervous about crowds but bw rope drop, early access, park hoppers, extended hours and 7 park days, we’re hoping to do it all a little each day.

Also, our kids don’t know. Plan on surprising them Good Friday morning and then hopping in car and driving to Jacksonville where we have family. Then, make the 2.5 hour drive the next morning.

Happy to answer any questions if anyone has them. I’m not the most experienced Disney person but I get crazy into these trips: blogs, YouTube videos, TP lurker, etc.

I just made this post re: Post April 9th HS dining:
https://forum.touringplans.com/t/hollywood-studios-zero-adr-availability/92350/13?u=jmarkey86

3 Likes

I’ll be there from 4/22 to 4/25 with my DH and DD11 and DD8. Staying at Fort Wilderness in a cabin, first time staying there. We’ve had two trips using Genie+ and for us it works because we take short trips of 3 or 4 nights with only a few park days. We’re only planning on two park days this trip - a half day at HS. We will buy Genie+ and stack for the afternoon and then a full day at Epcot. I have to start thinking about dining reservations! We have never done HDDR and since we’re staying at the Fort, I think that’s going to be a priority.

2 Likes

I have a trip 4/15-4/20.

Awesome! I’ll post closer to that time to ask if you can see openings for a couple of places.

1 Like

I’m going too! I’m taking my DS11 for what will probably be a once in a lifetime trip.

We’ll be there from April 18th to 24th. Planning one “off” day in the middle and reserved each park for one day + 1 extra for HS and MK. We’re both Star Wars fans, so we really want to see as much as we can from Galaxy’s Edge. Probably not making a lightsaber (those are crazy expensive!!!), but maybe a droid.

It’s only going to be the 2 of us, so I’m welcoming any and all tips y’all have for me! The last time I went, I was 11 and Animal Kingdom was announced but not open yet.

6 Likes

I will be technically be there in April, but more of a May Trip.

April 28-May 12. 9 Parks days. Myself, DW, DD (4), DS (2), DS (1). :grimacing: First trip since being outnumbered.

2 Likes

Grownups still outweigh the kids though, right? So you got this.

Exactly, they are so tiny that I still destroy them in 1 vs 3 basketball.

1 Like

We will be there 4/15-4/22 staying at Pop. We’ve been mid-May before and I really like going at that time, but a couple of days off of school in April make this a better time for us to go. We have 7-day PH.

I’m going to mark where you say this. :rofl: If you are like the majority of people here, we’ll see if this still stands when you get back.

I hope you have a great trip!

Ok, maybe one tip. I would take a look at Genie + and maximize my time any way that I could.

5 Likes

Did someone say once in a lifetime trip? :rofl:

1 Like

We’ll be there starting on 4/21. I do hope we get a chance to meet you and Patrick.

I’m so excited that you finally get to go back!! Make sure use the online registration for DAS 30 days in advance. It’s much easier to use than the old system.

2 Likes

That would be great if we could meet! Right now, I don’t even know which park we will visit each day except I’m pretty sure we will be at AK on Earth Day, 4/22. They usually have a rare character, and Patrick would enjoy that. I’m considering staying a couple days in a hotel after we check out of Wilderness Lodge, just in case we need it for some reason. Once we drive 9 hours there and activate the AP, a couple extra days may be a nice bonus. There are so many new things, and my phone is old. I’m worried we won’t get to ride Tron, and how Patrick won’t understand.

Just an FYI - you can build a plastic light saber at Tatooine Traders at the shop outside of the Star Tours in HS. My son built a double sided one for $45, and that’s perfect for him! A single sided one is $30.

ETA - no appointment needed. Just walk in!

1 Like

Me :raising_hand_woman: DH & I’ll be there for a short trip, April 23-26. Staying at CBR for the first time. We are excited to try GOTG (wondering the status of VQ after Tron opens) and DH hasn’t been since 2018 so several things in HS are new to him specifically including Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land and MMMR. Also Tron! It will be a whirlwind trip!

2 Likes