Apple Watch app

Any new info on this? Would love TP on my Apple watch!

Yes I have an Apple Watch.
I rarely use a 3rd party app on it though besides some weather alerts.

I find them to be a good idea but slow ā€¦
Not sure what it would do.

Bump. Would love to see our TPs and the Lines app on the Apple Watch. Standard feature on the Apple Watch is the ability to see your next calendar appointment (and the time of the appointment) on the watch face. Would be cool if the touring plan stops could be added to the calendar so it could show up.

Any more on this, would also love TP on my Apple Watch!

yes please

I would love this. And maybe a little update to the iOS app as well. Itā€™s started to look pretty dated.

1 Like

Another YES vote here!

YESSSSS!!! Has there been any renewed interest in this?!

I think itā€™d really be nice to be able to pull in my TP, be able to review as a list, and also pull it up step by step, with a done button or something that would advance me to the next step.

Similar to a lot of workout watch apps that take you through a workout set by set. Maybe even a countdown timer in between steps, so you know how long before the next one.

Iā€™d love to see more on this, I think an Apple Watch app is a great idea!

@SteveBloom any update on this? i understand back in 2015 it was low priority but it is now 3 years later and more and more of us have succumbed to the apple. a simple app that open my plan and i can tick off each thing as i do it would be a start. at a later date could optomise etc from watch.

1 Like

Also interested!

Iā€™ll bring this back up to the Len and the team.

Would people be willing to join a Kickstarter project to help underwrite the development costs?

Forgive my lack of tech language - but does this mean youā€™re looking for folks to test and report? If so, YES. Absolutely. Iā€™m not booked to travel to WDW again until next year but Iā€™m sure I could ā€˜create a planā€™ and trial run it without any issues.

Count me in!

No, a kickstarter is a crowd sourcing of funds without having a product ready for release. Itā€™s sort of like ā€œinvestingā€ but more like ā€œpre-purchasing a product.ā€ Unfortunately, a LOT of products/programs are never completed and you do not get your money that you put up back if the product is never released. Kickstarter projects have zero (or just about) regulations to force a developer to be sure a product actually gets released. So it leads to a lot of scams.

Due to that, noā€¦ I would not back a kickstarter. Itā€™s nothing personal (if ever I was close enough to support a KS again, it would be for this organization), but Iā€™ve just been burned too many times and I donā€™t do that stuff anymore, no matter how good the idea is or from whom.

NOWā€¦that being said, if an app was developed and a charge of a small fee to use it (like $0.99) happened, Iā€™m totally down for that. I donā€™t even own an apple watch but Iā€™ve been considering one and this would obviously be a must buy/get.

I know a dollar might seem low, but considering you likely would need to have a subscription to this site to use it, it should not be more than that.

2 Likes

@SteveBloom - having a ballpark estimate would help kickstart the Kickstarter :laughing: How much $$ do you think it would cost?

Any news about an Apple Watch app being developed?

Also any plans to update the iOS Lines app? Even though it works, it looks not so great and it seems it was built 7 years ago and never got any big updates.

Thanks