Apparently, we didn't raise them right

December has all of the winter villages (yummy food! cool gifts! hot cocoa!-I recommend Bryant Park) plus ice skating, Christmas decorations. Definitely a fun time to go. Hopefully the weather cooperates for the drive.

3 Likes

I live near williamsburg and drive there frequently just to sit and enjoy the atmosphere. It’s a perfect place to honeymoon imo

2 Likes

Of course. But I’ve been to Canada. :wink:

3 Likes

Congrats to your DS and future DDiL @ryan1 :heartpulse::bell::bell:

Congrats! Maybe it is her, not him. I would have loved to Honeymoon in WDW, but I knew DW would not have been ok with that. To her credit, she did agree to spend the night of our 1 year anniversary with dinner at California Grill followed by MNSSHP. Oddly enough, DW’s parents spent their own Honeymoon at WDW.

2 Likes

Is that not one of the contiguous states?

3 Likes

Canadians are way too genuinely nice and helpful to be Americans. They actually stop to ask you if you need help when you just look confused in my experience.

5 Likes

They’re also a really good looking peoples: Keanu Reeves, Ryan Reynolds, Ryan Gosling …

6 Likes

We went to Costa Rica for our honeymoon. I wanted to go to Peru, but it was their rainy season. We have absolute no regrets, and would love to go back but not both of our children are adventurous as we were. Some of our adventures included zip lining through rainforests and jumping off waterfalls. To be young and carefree again…

1 Like

So if the traditional rules are:

1. The parents of the bride pays for the wedding
  2. The parents of the groom pays for the honeymoon in WDW…

Will you not be paying for the honeymoon to NYC?

1 Like

That’s something I have never heard of. Groom pays for the honeymoon, not the parents.

1 Like

You know I was kidding right :joy: Thought I might give you an idea :wink:

1 Like

Oh. Uh, yeah. I knew that. :grin:

1 Like

That explains why we didn’t have one then. At least I know my wife didn’t marry me for money I guess. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

On a more serious note, anyone know if there is a good area to stay that is more inexpensive that they can then take the subway into the city? I imagine staying in NYC (the island) might be cost prohibitive. But what do I know. Last time I was in NYC I was 19, and we didn’t stay in the city.

Establish lower expectations early. Smart. Don’t want to peak too soon!

So, are you suggesting I shouldn’t have done WDW for our honeymoon? :slight_smile:

What, you prefer that to America’s paid for Kardashian looks?!?? ;-). How could you? I prefer your side of the ocean, Sam Heughan, woah doctor!

2 Likes

I had to Google him. But, yeah, I could work with that.

4 Likes

Great news. We went to Switzerland for our honeymoon. It was my first time leaving the US, Canada doesn’t count. Not sure if I would do Disney for a honeymoon, I think it needs to be somewhere you would not have gone to or been.

5 Likes

Agreed. I did Greece and then French Polynesia for Round two. I did honeymoon registry instead of wedding registry to support my travel addiction (which does include lots of Disney but not all Disney).

4 Likes