Apparently, we didn't raise them right

Yesterday, my DS21 proposed to his girlfriend. It is no surprise she said yes, since they have been talking about marriage for a while now. They hope to get married in December.

But apparently, I didn’t raise him right. Because when the subject of where to go on your honeymoon came up, there is only one appropriate answer. Come on. Say it with me. Walt Disney World!

But, nope. He wants to do some nonsense of heading east, maybe New York or something.

I would think he is just the black sheep in the family, but my first son also didn’t honeymoon at WDW. I gave him a pass because he still had a year of college to finish after they got married, so money was tighter.

I am now having to rethink all of our parenting decisions and adjust for the remaining kids appropriately! Did we take them too much growing up? Not enough?

17 Likes

Congratulations! We did our honeymoon in upstate new York because it was free and our only choice. Lake George. Normally,snore, but man, it was the break I didn’t know I needed.

Sounds like Dad needs a celebratory trip IMHO.

3 Likes

Ooh. I like the way you think.

8 Likes

Congrats to you and them!

NYC is an AMAZING place to spend some romantic time as a couple. If they aren’t doing WDW I definitely approve of that decision.

2 Likes

I truthfully think they will enjoy NYC…although not sure visiting in December is the best time to drive out there considering the potential for lots of snow. But barring that, it could be a lovely time to go…especially their trek through the sea of swirling, twirling gumdrops and then through the Lincoln Tunnel!

5 Likes

That’s so true! And SANTA!! (They know him, right?!)

3 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Congratulations on inheriting another daughter-in-love!
We honeymooned in Williamsburg, VA… I guess we didn’t get it right either.

2 Likes

Congratulations!!

1 Like

Congratulations!! I can see wanting a slower paced trip for a honeymoon. But more trips are never a bad thing!

3 Likes

One of my besties got married last October and her DH suggested a honeymoon at WDW. She thought it sounded fun but her decision not to do so was exactly this. She wanted all relaxation after the madness that is planning/participating in a wedding. :joy:

3 Likes

Congratulations @ryan1!!

1 Like

NYC is not exactly relaxing. Lol. Phenomenal but exhausting

2 Likes

You people really don’t know there are other countries in the world do you?

10 Likes

Fair point.

1 Like

Congratulations! NYC is an amazing experience. They will love it.

1 Like

Ahem. Both of my honeymoons were in Europe…

The first, not entirely irrelevant given your other thread, was a cruise of the Mediterranean - I liked that I only had to unpack once and didn’t have to worry about getting from point a to b but the cruise lifestyle is not for me.

The second was amazing. Lots of planning and train schedules and changes on the fly. But we eloped for our wedding and then waited six months for the honeymoon so the planning was fun.

4 Likes

Well I know you know there are other countries. It’s that other rotten lot I was talking about. They’re awful.

4 Likes

Hey.
We were married in May and opted for a 5-day weekend in Williamsburg bc we wanted our extended honeymoon to take place during the winter time. (Why leave NY during the nice time of year?) The following January we spent 10 days in Kenya and then five days in SoCal. Which was great.
But - All things being equal… I don’t care to go to many other countries when there is still so much of this one to see.

3 Likes