Apparently Trip Reports are Mandatory?!? A Disney and Jamaica 25th Anniversary Trip!

Major change of plans and rant ahead.

Fucking SW canceled our flight. They actually canceled all flights out of Nashville to Orlando today. Supposedly. We checked last night and the flight was on time. We got up at 2 am today and got ready. DH checked SW and it showed canceled. THEY DID NOT NOTIFY US. I’m so pissed.

7 Likes

OMG! That is appalling! What are you going to do?

2 Likes

We sort stood in our bedroom in disbelief when we saw the canceled flight. DH got on the phone with SW. They were absolutely useless. The only option on SW was tomorrow and it wouldn’t get us into Orlando until tomorrow afternoon. It would be too late to get to the race expo. And if DH can’t get his race bib then he can’t race. I started checking other airlines. Delta could have gotten us there today for $2000. :scream:

So we made an absolutely crazy decision and decided to drive. I hate driving. And poor DH commutes 120+ miles a day for work and could have really used a break from driving.

I can now chronicle the adventures of our 700 mile drive. How fun right?!?

17 Likes

I’m so sorry you’re having to drive.
How long will that take?

The worse the start the better the trip!! :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

Caffeinate up and safe travels… :blue_car:

4 Likes

That is so crappy. Sorry your flight was canceled. Safe travels and hope traffic is light.

2 Likes

Ugh. Sorry the only way you can get there is to drive.

1 Like

Happy Anniversary! Have a great time!

2 Likes

It’s 11 hours without stops.

Is that really a thing? I’m hoping so.

5 Likes

I’m hating SW currently.

5 Likes

We did look at flying into Tampa or flying out of Atlanta. No good options there either. So annoying.

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s starting off rather rough.

2 Likes

After we decided to drive the next decision was which car. My 13 years SUV that doesn’t get great gas mileage or DH’s Tesla. We picked the Tesla but we’ve never done a long road trip in it. And it wasn’t fully charged (for regular use you only charge it to 80%). So we are already making our first charging stop. And DH is napping. Could be a long trip.

3 Likes

Oh @dreamer. I’m so sorry.
Seriously - what is wrong at SWA??

You know me and know I don’t mind driving and drive a lot. But I wouldn’t like a surprise like this at all. You can do it! I hope you still started early. Hugs to you and DH. Think of me as you drive! At least it is somewhere fun. :pray:t3: for travel mercies.

6 Likes

Good question. What is wrong with SW?!?

We had planned to leave for the airport at 2:30 and after some quick discussions and checking options we were on the road by 3 am. Honestly my DH doesn’t mind driving. I will probably never have to drive unless I volunteer.

5 Likes

It’s 4:30 in the morning. Why am I hungry?!? I’m normally asleep. And we’re sitting behind a Dunkin Donuts (they have charging stations in weird places) but they aren’t even open.

5 Likes

I am so sorry about all this! Be safe driving, I can’t even imagine having to do an 11 hour drive on the spur of the moment :weary:

4 Likes

That is not okay

5 Likes

Ugh. Not a great way to start off. But I guess, what a better way to reaffirm your love for one another than 11 hours in a car?!

Here’s hoping the (totally justifiable) anger toward SW dissipates enough (and soon) that you are able to start focusing on the amazing trip ahead!

9 Likes

I can’t imagine doing a planned 11 hour drive. :joy:

3 Likes

It’s truly not. And SW could care less.

1 Like