We sort stood in our bedroom in disbelief when we saw the canceled flight. DH got on the phone with SW. They were absolutely useless. The only option on SW was tomorrow and it wouldn’t get us into Orlando until tomorrow afternoon. It would be too late to get to the race expo. And if DH can’t get his race bib then he can’t race. I started checking other airlines. Delta could have gotten us there today for $2000.
So we made an absolutely crazy decision and decided to drive. I hate driving. And poor DH commutes 120+ miles a day for work and could have really used a break from driving.
I can now chronicle the adventures of our 700 mile drive. How fun right?!?