AP without resort stay

For anyone out there with an AP and no resort stay the system is up and running early this morning. Get your 3 while you can

Just for the sake of testing things, I am holding 20 park reservations all tied to resort stays. I was curious if i could also hold 3 park reservations not tied to resort stays (I am platinum AP) and I could not book any additional park reservations. Just FWIW

2 Likes

Funny, I tried to reserve a random day in August and it let me. I currently have 31 days reserved tied to resort stays.

2 Likes

Why am I not surprised!?!?!

2 Likes

Opening day sold out but at least no glitches today.

1 Like

It looks like it would let me reserve at least one day (aside the the 14 days I already have tied to a resort stay). I didn’t actually complete the reservation though, since what would be the point? But it does appear to confirm unactivated AP holders such as myself can book as well.

2 Likes

Hooray! At 6:45 AM I was able to easily get my 3 day trips booked 8/7@HS, 8/17@MK, and 8/31@AK. I wonder if it will be difficult to modify if I change my mind on which day or park a couple days before. I didn’t see a modify option like with FPP, only a button to cancel reservation. I guess it will depend on availability. Since I drive 2.5 hours to get to there, I’m also wondering how I’ll feel about trying to spend a full day at AK and when I’m able to make the next reservation, Epcot. Park Hopping was one of the biggest perks of an AP in my opinion. Maybe this will make me slow down and appreciate each park more fully. Looking for the silver linings here. I’m thrilled that this reservation process was so simple after reading about the difficulties on 6/26. Next, I’m really hoping to snag one of the AP preview days as easily. The Universal AP preview was a great day but man, getting it booked was a similar situation to what resort guests experienced with Disney on 6/26. Ok maybe not that bad. After trying for almost 2 hours I gave up and went back to the link later in the day and easily reserved my preview day for the exact day and time I wanted.

1 Like

I feel the inability to park hop is temporary. I don’t think I have ever been on a trip where I didn’t park hop, might take some getting used to

1 Like

I agree that it’s only temporary, and that it will take getting used to. Hopefully, by this time next year we’ll be happily hopping again.

1 Like

It is interesting to look at availability now that non-resort APs made their reservations:

https://www.disneyworld.eu/availability-calendar/?segments=tickets,resort,passholder&defaultSegment=passholder

First week is sold out, as well as every weekend in July. There is also limited availability on August weekends. It seems consistent with local APs going as soon as they can (probably hoping to book more days after using). As expected, DHS seems to be the hardest park to get.

I am really curious to see what will happen on the 28th. There is still plenty of availability from August on for off-site guests who get into the system early, what will happen when they are finished? Usually most guests are off-site, but are off-site guests more likely to cancel due to corona?

Going forward I think weekends are going to be an issue. Locals will continue to get more once they use their initial 3. Then like you said, add in all the offsite guests. This is why it is critical to lock in your days as soon as you can. I would think they are no more inclined to cancel than onsite guests.

I’m shocked at how dead UOR is. With everything being shut down, I think there is a lot or pent up demand, but I assume it will tail off at some point.

1 Like