AP upgrade as soon as we arrive?

Good morning everyone. Sorry if this question is answered in a past thread, but I couldn’t find the answer to my specific question in the archives…

We have a 7-day park hopper ticket for our trip in 2 weeks. I want to upgrade the ticket to the platinum annual pass. My questions are:

1. Can I immediately upgrade it at the TTC when we first arrive, before even using the 7-day ticket?
  2. As soon as I upgrade it, will I get “free” access to photo pass and memory maker for immediate use?

Thanks!

You can upgrade and activate at guest services at any park (might be able to at ticket sales at TTC) and you get MM instantly

1 Like

awesome, thanks @OBNurseNH

1 Like

My pleasure!

Update:

You can now upgrade a ticket to an Annual Pass at resort check-in or concierge!

I was able to do it at check-in upon arrival at the Poly. I asked the CM at check-in about it and she said she could take care of it. She handed me the yellow card you need to get all the discounts, and all the changes were immediately visible in my MDE profile as a Platinum pass holder!

7 Likes

Do you know if I can activate an AP at check-in or do I have to find a guest services? I don’t have a ticket, just the AP.

Sorry, I just saw your reply now. I don’t know about activating the AP at registration. I just know you can upgrade at check-in. I would be inclined to say “yes” to your question, because it really was a very simple and quick process for the upgrade (5 minutes), so I don’t see why they couldn’t manage to activate an AP as well. The only thing she said she couldn’t do is the installment payment option for an AP, which I was not looking to do anyway. I just had them add the balance to my room charges.

1 Like

Thank you. I could run over the the International Gateway if I have to, but don’t want to hold things up. I do have my barcode etc. and. it’s already in my MDE so it should be fairly straightforward.

1 Like

Let me know if you’re successful activating the AP at check-in! I’d love to know if that’s now possible as well, because apparently it wasn’t just a few months ago!

2 Likes

Unless there has been a change, it is necessary to go to a guest services at park to upgrade/activate. Did this about 18mos ago for myself. Was staying AKL so a quick jaunt to AK was painless

1 Like

You can definitely upgrade at the resort registration desk. I had a 7 day park hopper that I immediately upgraded to an AP at the Poly while we were checking in. I asked the CM at registration, kinda thinking she would tell me to go to a guest services desk at a park, but to my surprise she said “Sure, I can take care of that.” It must be a really new change, because the CM had to get some sort of supervisor to help her find the yellow Passholder cards and activate it.

I am not certain about activating an AP certificate, however.

3 Likes

This is awesome info. Thank you! I hope to try it at Coronado next month when we check in. Did you happen to have paid for Memory Maker before you arrived? if so, did that price come off of your upgrade costs? OR if you didn’t add MM before you arrived, did Photo Pass activate as soon as you became a pass holder? I don’t want to miss any days of photos, so I’ve been contemplating adding MM in advance, hoping they’ll apply the cost. Thanks again!

1 Like

I did not, so I’m not sure if they’ll credit that towards the AP.

Yes! That was active from the minute the AP was activated. If you haven’t purchased MM and you think you’ll definitely upgrade to the AP, don’t bother prepaying for MM in advance.
This was a concern of mine too, and there was no problem accessing and downloading photos from MM from the first day on.

:star_struck: Excellent. Thank you!

1 Like

My DD is going to upgrade to AP and we have MM as part of a package, so we will wnd up with 2 MMs. Is there any reason why I couldn’t gift one to AN.Other? If so, how would I do this?

1 Like

So, these are Disney’s Terms & Conditions for MM and Photopass. To summarize, it says “Memory Maker is non-refundable (except if purchased as part of a Disney Resort Hotel package) and non-transferable. When purchased as part of a Disney Resort Hotel package, Memory Maker is subject to the cancellation and refund policies of the Disney Resort Hotel package.”

The wording here seems very clear that you cannot gift MM to another (i.e. it’s “non-transferable”).

This pertains more to @jennandchevy, but it also appears very clear that it is “non-refundable”. The only loophole looks to be if it’s part of a package and you cancel the whole package outside of the non-refundable period. I still wonder if you might be able to credit what you paid towards an AP though !?!?

1 Like

:thinking:strong text I’m not going to risk it and instead will pass up pre purchased memory maker and upgrade to AP as soon as I can find a concierge! Thanks for pointing out the T&C’s!

2 Likes

Actually – I can confirm that they will credit you for a pre-purchased memory maker! We just upgraded last weekend and as the lady was doing all the stuff on her end, I mentioned that I’d also pre-bought MM. She credited us that $169 without an issue!

3 Likes

Awesome! Good to know!

1 Like

Thank you!!