AP Prices Went Up

I mean, will WDW allow me to have multiple AP’s under the same names on MDE?

Right now APs for my family would be almost $6,000. That covers almost half the annual dues! Unless those went up too :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hmm. So you mean you want to pay the HIGHER AP price for this upcoming trip (but bridging your tickets), and save the CHEAPER AP tickets for a later year?

I don’t know, specifically. I would imagine it is possible…but with Disney’s IT woes, I’m not sure how smoothly it would go.

wouldn’t surprise me

1 Like

I believe Club 33 only comes with 4 APs, although those are good at DisneyLand too. So I’m not sure Club 33 solves all your problems without paying for another AP out of pocket. But it may be a better value now than it was…

1 Like

Yes, does that make sense to you, or is it not worth upgrading my current tickets and just using the PHs? We will not get any of the AP benefits doing this.

It doesn’t make sense unless you plan to do a second trip within 365 days of the first trip. But upgrading an 8 day PH to AP, but not have a second trip makes the AP a waste of money. But buying the Sam’s Club AP might be a way to hedge your bets against further price increases in the future, assuming you plan to do two trips in a year’s time within the next decade.

I thought the business one comes with 4, but the personal one covers spouse and all children under 26.

Ok, so I just purchased 4 Adult AP’s from Sam’s at a total cost with tax of $3,691.62 (or $922.91/ticket)! Now I have to figure out what to do with my PH tickets. Thanks @TheProphetPaul and @ryan1 for your help and advice! (I hope nothing goes wrong.)

I was discussing it with a friend who has 4 kids that would meet the under 26 clause, but he only indicated 2 of them had APs as part of it. But I didn’t do a deep dive on the rules so I may have just misunderstood…

1 Like

What are your long term Disney plans? I mean, aside from the June 2020 trip?

It’s also possible that I’m the one that misunderstands! All the info is kept so secret!

True - there’s a certain amount of “if you have to ask you can’t afford it” air about it - which is unfortunately true. Does seem like a great perk if you can afford it though…

1 Like

I am not certain. DH and DD (17) want to go every single year. DS (19) is in college now and may be doing an engineering coop in the future, so I am a little unsure of his future availability for family vacations. That is why I am a little nervous about this purchase, but I didn’t want to pass up a bargain. Hopefully he can work something out.

And I can’t…yet!

Well, you can always plan a couple trips a few years from now and have the three of you covered, plus then one more AP to use for one of you. Or, if your DD is also occupied, you then can plan a couple trips for you and your DH one year, and then a couple years later, do the same. Tickets already covered! :wink:

So, a trip in 2020, a couple trips in 2022 (Say, one in January/February, another in November/December, and then a couple more in 2024 (doing the same)! :slight_smile: Then, you ALMOST have a trip a year.

That’s a good goal to have. I just wonder when they will hit capacity at WDW and start a waiting list like at DisneyLand. Think the wait list there is pushing 10 years…

1 Like

But, the AP’s are not transferrable…:worried:

Oh. Is that true before they are activated?

Hopefully after I can afford it! :wink: