AP hotel discount?

Planning a trip in August with my son, my sister and her husband. I’ve heard AP room discounts are pretty good, so I’m tempted to look into purchasing an AP for me and then use that discount for my room. Two questions:

1. If you have 1 AP, how many rooms can you reserve?
  2. Is there a way to see what the AP room rates are without actually purchasing it?

I guess the next question is whether there is a difference in those discounts between a Seasonal Pass and one of the Annual Passes?

I am not sure how many rooms you can reserve, but I can tell you that at this point, August discounts are not yet available. Once they ate available, to find out what the discount will be, if you go on the Universal website, go into where you would book hotels and enter the code “APH” as a group code, you can see what the annual pass discount would be. You should know that there are not always discounts available, depending on the time of year and available rooms. Also, I do not believe there is any difference in discount between the various passes with regard to hotel rates.