AP Changiing park reservation once booked

Trying to figure out how to change an existing AP park reservation for Sept. from MK to EPOT. Do I have to cancel the existing MK reservation before I can make the Epcot reservation for the same day.? Thought I did this on my last trip via a modification rather than a cancelation. Hate to just cancel as I might be left with no park reservation at all if none are available.

1 Like

I thought at one point they had a “modify” option but more recently it seems that people have had the same complaint as you - having to cancel in order to rebook. I would just check the reservation calendar and if the days on and around your day have plenty of availability, you should be fine. But if there are some sold out days, try to change it at an off hour when what the system says could be in flux. All else fails, you may want to call to have a CM do it.

You can modify the reservation, if there are other parks available, when you are logged into your account. I can get to my APRs from the MDE app. Just select make a park res. From the app. It will open a new page, force a login. If you scroll down you’ll see all your APRs and the ability to modify.

1 Like

You can only modify if it’s one of your allotted AP APR’s. If it was made with a room reservation you have to cancel and rebook. No idea why but that has been the case.

4 Likes

Oh I forgot about this :pensive:

1 Like

I also just noticed this is for September. You are totally fine to do it now that month is all green! AP’s thankfully usually don’t fill up until a few days before (sometimes more if it’s busy)

3 Likes

First open up MDE

1 Like

Ohhh. So that’s the difference. Weird. I know I had modified before but I couldn’t on the last trip and that must be why.

3 Likes

It’s just so mind boggling that you can modify the AP bucket, but not the AP On-Site bucket reservation🤪

Disney IT makes zero sense! (…I work in IT)

6 Likes

Yeah it’s stupid. I don’t understand why everyone isn’t able to modify. They’ve shown it’s possible!

3 Likes

This is true.

1 Like

You can also use the AP “Bucket” even if you have a hotel reservation.

This week we decided to switch up an EPCOT and MK day. Problem was, MK had no park availability for the day we wanted when I looked at the “AP for Guests with Hotel Reservation” but they DID have MK availability for AP (non-hotel). So I cancelled and rebooked in the AP “bucket”.

No issues

3 Likes

I had to go to MDE, My Plans, and look up the day of my present park reservation which was MK. Then I had to press details which enabled me to cancel the current reservation. Once canceled I was able to make a new park reservation for that date in my case being EPCOT. I did check park reservations availability before canceling and in my case, it is over three months out so no problem as everything was available. Mission accomplished.

4 Likes