AoA vs ASM Family Suites- Big price difference!

We already have 10 nights booked at AoA. Now I see we could do ASM and save over $800. I don’t know if we should stick with AoA since we already planned on that cost, or save the $$$. Has anyone tried both? Other than the theming, is there an advantage to AoA? Maybe the bus not being shared. I am torn as the kids already know about AoA.

Suggest you look at some photos online - AoA suites are heavily themed with queen bed and ensuite bathroom in master, then two double beds. ASMu suites are less themed with double pull out couch and single pull out sleeper chair, plus you can add a cot I think.
ASMu: https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/resorts/AllStarMusic/allstarmusic-suites.html
AoA (Nemo): Disney's Art of Animation Resort Finding Nemo Family Suite Detailed Room Tour - Walt Disney World - YouTube
I think it depends on budget. I love AoA and would stay there over ASMu because it would be worth the extra $800 to me. We spend a lot of time at the resort and I LOVE the theming, the splash pad, the playground, and just wandering around and looking at all the gorgeous statues. Food court is great, too. But If money is tight and/or you’re spending all your time in the parks and not at the hotel, and $800 would make a significant dent in your mortgage or retirement savings, then ASMu is a great resort and I’d change and explain to the kids why as part of a life lesson in setting priorities.

I agree with everything @mossymom said. If the budget is there, I’d go for the AOA suites. We stayed in the Lion King area a few years ago and it was nice to have 2 bathrooms and a private bedroom. However, if it hurts too much financially then go with ASM.

1 Like

I know $800 is a lot, but it’s what we already planned on, so I’m inclined to stay at AoA. This is DS’s first trip, and DD’s first she’ll remember, and also we have a few things to celebrate. Overall it’s a pretty special trip and in the future we won’t likely do one this long. I also used a pin code, so I can still switch up to 5 days before. So if something comes up in the next 100 days we can move.

1 Like

Does the ASM have two bathrooms like AoA? That is a big plus. Also the pools look nicer and the food court is better. I would stick with AoA if possible.

1 Like

Yes I’ve read multiple times that the Big Blue Pool at AofA is the best pool of the values. So if pool time is a priority, that’s one more reason to stay with AofA.

Yeah, we’re all pretty excited about that pool! We are landing at 4 pm the first day, so that will be a little time just for exploring and swimming, which sounds a lot more appealing at AoA. We expect to have a fair amount of resort time with a long trip.

1 Like