AoA layout question

Hard to get a sense via the resort map…anyone have an opinion for how inconvenient it would be to have a group split between a single room in the little mermaid area and a cars suite at AoA? What kind of walk time/distance are we talking from one end of the resort to the other?

My parents will be joining us for our Feb2020 trip and really only need the space of a single room but would also like to be relatively close to the kids.

The closest distance is about 0.3 miles / 6 minutes. That will probably feel like a fair amount, but bright side is that you won’t spend much time in your rooms and can meet at the pool.

2 Likes

If you really want to be close you’ll want a Lion King suite.

1 Like

Thanks. Cars is the property that our kids would be most into so we are pretty set on that.

1 Like

We were the same way when we stayed there. We ended up in the furthest cars building, but i didn’t think the walk across the property was that bad.

I stayed at the cars section furthest building, and our cousin was randomly down at the same week same resort in the last mermaid building, its was august, but after walking in the parks and with humidity and sun, in a whole week we never made the 7-10 min hike to their pool and they never made the hike to ours and we were both at AOA. we did meet at the big blue in the middle.

But you are going in Feb and if the weather is cool and dry it could be a pleasant walk

It’s farther than it looks on the map. When we stayed in the Little Mermaid section I remember it taking me about 15 to 20 mins round trip to go to the food court just to pick up a couple of beers one night. And I walk at a brisk pace.

In our opinion though, the Cars area was the best themed and that’s where we’re staying for the first three days in September.

Jeff, how did you do that map? It looks like google maps but can’t imagine you can get that specific?

1 Like

You just have to select specific locations on the map

2 Likes

Yep, it was from google maps on my laptop. If you right click on the map, you can select a specific location (“Directions to here”/“from here”) and also choose “walking” as your method of transportation.

2 Likes

works on phone too, you just select the points a little differently

2 Likes