Anyone with School Age Children and DVC

My last trip we were in a CC 1 bedroom and I called mousekeeping at midnight for extra blankets. It is easier there since it is the main building.

1 Like

I’ve used a towel before. :joy: She didn’t like that idea.

2 Likes

We often travel as a group of 6, two grandparents, two parents, two kids (currently aged 6 and 9), so we often book two bedrooms. We have traveled over Spring Break and Thanksgiving. The few times I booked a studio we were able to get them at 11 months (Spring Break - BLT, Thanksgiving - Jambo).

Kids have slept on the pull out at Jambo and they were fine.

They have definitely not become tired of Disney.

1 Like

I don’t have any experience with DVC, but I have a lot of experience trying to plan vacations around school breaks. Typical school breaks are hands down the busiest times at Disney. I don’t know how often and what times you’ve gone, but if you’ve gone in a down time and then suddenly are stuck with only the school breaks it might be a big shock. I’m just wondering if you’ll truly want to commit to that much Disney when a lot of other destinations would be less packed during the school breaks. Your kids are young enough that you haven’t experienced how difficult it can be to take kids out when it’s not break (depends a lot on where you live and what type of school etc.). There are a lot of threads here (old, pre-pandemic ones) about taking kids out of school when it isn’t break, or adding a few school days on to a break, if you’re interested in that.

Good point. I do feel that I may have been spoiled with going in May and November. Spring break May shock me.

If you want to find historical data on crowd levels they have that on TP and a lot of other sites, one I like is yourfirstvisit.net