Anyone tried Trattoria al Forno at Boardwalk

Looking for feedback on it for the book.

1 Like

Their breakfast is delicious and has some unique offerings. @joannes1959 has been multiple times, I think. I have dinner reservations there for Saturday night before the PHM and can let you know how it was, assuming I actually make my ADR. I did read on Chat from @brerbeer that he was not impressed with dinner, though.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure @BGK and his mother have also eaten there.

1 Like

Yes they had breakfast with me too.

1 Like

We went for breakfast twice on our January 17 - 31st 2015 trip. The food, in my opinion, was very good and the service was excellent. I was sad to hear that Kouzzina’s was not going to be operating for our trip but that sadness was quickly replaced with happiness with Trattoria al Forno! I highly recommend the breakfast.

I have an ADR for dinner on our trip in May - I’ll let you know how that goes :wink:

When are you going in May @EthicalAddict? Will you be around for all the big meetups?

Gasp! There’s a meetup?? !!!?? Sorry - just hyperventilated a bit there :wink:

My sister’s and I will be there May 1st - 9th…

I would LOVE to join that meet if possible :heart:

Oh darn… Most of us are going to be there over memorial day weekend hoping to hit up 24 hour day and SWW.

oh bummer! Oh well - next time…
It would have been cool - but I will follow the shenanigans on here :wink:

2 Likes

We have a ressie April 23 for Dinner will let you know for sure.

I am curious to know more about it as have ADR right now for both breakfast and dinner. Trying to decide if I drop dinner and go for Spice Road instead. The photos of the dinner look appetizing but I have read good things about Spice Road…not sure what to pick! Want to keep breakfast for our last day, I think it is unique to meet the couples.

I thought the character breakfast was decent. Lots of time with the characters. Good food.

I liked dinner, too, but I haven’t been in probably a year.

1 Like

I think the breakfast is the best on property. The pastries are spectacular and the steak is fantastic — so much better than you expect breakfast steak to be.

If you don’t like characters there is apparently a second dining area where you will be left in peace.

5 stars

4 Likes

I haven’t been to TaF for dinner, but it has a delicious breakfast with great character interaction. I’d recommend Spice Road table for dinner to try something new. Their food is also great and eating outside is a nice break from the crowds.

2 Likes

I had breakfast there- very good
Dinner- Had Chicken parm, it was ok, standard fried chick, sauce, cheese…like I make at home when I am using frozen chicken. So for those that are difficult eaters this might be something familiar.

I’ve done Spice Road Table 2x for dinner (June 2017 and Sept 2019). It was great both times. My father specifically requested Spice Road for this May. He thought the food was excellent and he has the most extensive restaurant experience out of anyone in my group (he’s traveled internationally and regularly to major metro areas).

I have not done Trattoria yet, but we are having breakfast there this May. I have heard good things about the food quality and character interaction and we are staying at BWV so thought we’d try it.

1 Like