Anyone taken a droid on tower of terror?

Just getting together a touring plan for HS and trying to figure out if riding tower of terror at the end of the day with a droid in tow possible? We are not staying onsite and wondered if maybe droids would fit in lockers as a possibility. Thanks for any feedback.

Sorry, I’m no help but your request sounds like that latest book in this series.

If you take a droid on the Tower of Terror.

5 Likes

They used to let you pick up purchases at the front of the park. I don’t know if that’s still an option in the time of COVID-19, though.

I was going to take my droid but he was too scared, so we just skipped it.

Wuss.

13 Likes

Bad motivator.

5 Likes

Thats a great idea for a children’s book!

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Do you have a bag for it to go in? I took my backpack and just put my leg through a strap with it on the floor.

2 Likes

I will have an across the body bag that I usually carry with me but not sure if a droid will fit in it. They do sell bags for these droids too right?

They come in a box with a handle on top or you can buy the special backpack for it. I think you could put it by your feet and clamp it between them. Or maybe a cast member could hold it for you? Lots of $$ to be trusting to the CM though.

1 Like

I can’t remember which ride it was, but I did take my droid on a ride before we took an afternoon break. I’m sure it would be no issue on ToT.

The front-of-park and -deliver-to-resort option was not operational when I was there in December

ETA to Add – Sorry !!! When I was there in September!! Clearly my brain is longing for my upcoming December trip…

3 Likes

You could buy the backpack and yes loop it around your leg. Or bring a string bag or buy a Disney re-usable shopping bag – they cost $1 – and loop it through your leg. You also could hang tight to the box – I think it would be fine. It is a straight up and down drop, not like a coaster.

1 Like

Was there a reason they weren’t doing it? Dec would have been pre-lockdown.

Sorry !!! I meant September!!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the input. I definitely feel more comfortable bringing a droid on ToT if it comes to it.

He’s going to try and use his rocket booster.
When the rocket booster does not work,
He’s going to ask for the chicken elevator.
When he gets on the elevator,
He’ll probably ask if he can interface with it.
When he interfaces with the elevator, he’ll update the software.
Then he’ll want to look in the mechanical room
to make sure there are no compatibility issues.
When he examines the mechanical room
he might notice his joints are stiff.
So he’ll probably ask for an oil bath.
You’ll have to fill your hotel room tub with oil.
He’ll crawl in, make himself comfortable, and soak in the warm oil.
He’ll probably ask you to show him a movie.
So you’ll pull over your laptop and stream Star Wars.
When he watches, he’ll get so excited he’ll want to feel like he’s really there.
He’ll ask you to take him to Galaxy’s Edge.
On the way back to Hollywood Studios, he’ll notice the first aid center.
Looking at it will remind him that his rocket boosters are broken.
He’ll insist on getting them fixed.
He’ll probably ask for another chance to try out his rocket booster.
And chances are if he asks to use his rocket booster,
He’s going to want to go on the Tower of Terror.

8 Likes

Wow, NICE!

2 Likes

Where you get on versus where you get off are two different locations, so that wouldn’t work.

1 Like

OMG!

That is great!

If I had any ability to edit photos we could change this picture into a cover.

3 Likes