Anyone planning a bigger/better trip in the future to make up for this year's disappointment?

I thought that I had read somewhere that they were doing renovations at WL… I thought it had started in maybe January/February? But I could be wrong. You are right the rooms do need a refresh, but the overall ambience of that place is so great, and I love that boat ride to MK.

A 10-14 day trip sounds so nice, I feel like I could almost fit in everything I’d want to do in a trip if I had two weeks. :smiley:

1 Like

They HAVE to be. There is positively zero availability in October.

1 Like

FWIW we usually stay at WL and in 2017 stayed and we missed WL terribly! Didn’t GF is a beautiful resort but didn’t like actually staying there as much, wouldn’t again, in fact we went back to WL. I have only heard great things about BC though!

1 Like

Thanks for the input! WL does get RAVE reviews where GF really is mixed!

1 Like

I really don’t think you’d regret WL!!! It’s our “home” resort lol. And you’re not wrong, it IS super peaceful and relaxing. LOVE the lobby, the grounds, all of it. The year we stayed at GF we actually left to head over to WL and just spend a couple hours hanging out there before our dinner at Whispering Canyon.
We like to visit GF during our trips and it is gorgeous, but won’t stay there again.

1 Like

It does look like a hideaway in Disney, well we will have a lot of time to figure it out!

I have already started planning our replacement trip for 2021. So far I’m adding just one day, but I may make it a split stay and try a second resort … and maybe we’ll make that two more days. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have been planning an early 2021 trip for about 1 year already. 3 days Universal and 4 days WDW.

Learned so much from all you folks at TP since our last trip in 2018, so really looking forward to utilizing the tips next year!

We are doing the Caring for Giants Tour at AK, probably not much splurging in general since fancy restaurants are not our thing.

2 Likes

After Hours events are always my favorite splurge! I get FOMO really bad, but if I have those in my back pocket I can relax so much more during the day! I can go to Animal Kingdom and just do shows, I am not stressed so badly about FPP selections for the BIG attractions…I even find myself asking strangers about the weather because I have time to notice it!

3 Likes

I am in full Disney grieving mode today. Our trip is scheduled for last week in July (it was supposed to be in two weeks but we already moved it). We won’t be going in July either as we have two people in our group with compromised immune systems. We are now aiming for Feb 2021. Hopefully we can add a day to both the front and back of the trip so we get more time.

2 Likes

For us it’ll be a similar trip, just a year later.

So Christmas and Nw Year 2021. Just cancelled 5 minutes ago.:tired_face::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

That’ll be 5 years since we’re last there. I should have been getting ready to book ADRs, instead I’ll have to go through the process of booking come January. I hope there are signs then that things are returning to normal.

4 Likes

We have only stayed there once, but the villas are large and the grounds are very peaceful. The busses take a little bit too figure out, though that may have changed since we were there.

I couldn’t afford 8 days of it, nor would I want to, but our next trip might include the Galactic Starcruiser hotel. We were hoping for 2021 for DS college graduation, but both the hotel and the graduation are going to be delayed most likely, so it’ll probably. be 2022.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry, I totally understand. I had a terrible few weeks in March and early April. I unfollowed my Disney pages on FB, and didn’t visit the forum or the lines app because it made me too sad to read about the parks. I’m reaching the acceptance phase and starting to plan for future trips again. I hope you are able to take an amazing trip in 2021 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve actually been thinking of the reverse. If the parks aren’t going to be at full capacity, all rides not open, limited FPs, etc. I’d likely do a short trip and do a longer one once it is back to normal (or whatever that may be in the future). WDW is easiest because we can visit family nearby, but the kids really want to see Disneyland so maybe that will be next.

sort of. I already had in my mind a 12 day stay for 2021… now its just going to be a more exciting one

1 Like