Anyone else NOT take midday breaks?

Adding in recent info: DH and I went a couple weeks ago in June for 8 days and did not take rests. We did eat a TS meal each day and lingered over it but that is all.

Mine would fall asleep on the bus ride back and then wake up when we arrivedā€¦never to sleep again.

It was a better strategy for us, to do some slower things (Ellenā€™s Energy Adventure used to be great for this) and let them sleep on the go than have them sleep for 20min on the bus.

My sister and BIL took their girls (9 and 5 at the time) down to MK and AK last spring. They stayed off site, so the midday break wasnā€™t an option. They toured and did things as long as the girls had energy- so by 5:30 or 6 they were done. They were able to do all of the things they really wanted to do, and didnā€™t mind the long day/pace. If your kids are good and thatā€™s your preference, go for it! DSS (9) had never been when we went last week, so that mid day break was necessary for him.

We started with breaks at DL when kids were little. Even for our recent trip to WDW, the teenagers still napped most afternoons. :joy:
And I took a shower and changed clothes which helped for about 20 minutesā€¦