Anyone else frustrated with wait times to get through via phone?

Hi Everyone, first time post.

I’m taking my family (2 kids & wife) back to DisneyWorld. We had a trip in March 2020 cancelled and looking to return in April of this year. Because of of the credit on our account from 2020 tix I need to contact customer service. Today I’ve been on hold for over 6 hours with no end in sight.(waiting on hold as I type this) Does anyone else experience this and feel it’s starting the trip on the wrong foot? If my kids weren’t looking forward to returning I would seriously consider cancelling trip all together. We’re doing a split stay with Swan Reserve and Bay Lake Tower.

I’m open to hearing suggestions on how to get through to Disney. Thank you for letting me vent!

Dave

2 Likes

The hold times are miserable! Horribly bad business practice. The only piece of advice I can offer is to call first thing when they open the lines. I don’t know if that’s 7 or 8 am EST. Others will chime in to confirm. Good luck.

1 Like

Long hold times have been going on for several months. Lots of reports by lots of frustrated people. Some of that might be explained by staffing issues, but there have also been lots of technical problems (hang-ups, getting dropped during transfers).

2 Likes

Had this happen to me today. The cast member said they were putting me on hold then I get disconnected. Very frustrating. Hoping it gets cleared up soon, very poor experience when you’re spending so much on a vacation

1 Like

I had problems too in december and I hate calling to begin with since I have a 7 hour time difference and international calls cost too.

I did finally get through right after they opened. I was also able to get through the chat on the website, it showed not available most of the time but eventually it was open, I had to check on a couple of days at different times.

1 Like

I sat on hold for 3.5 hours today for dining reservation issues. Sucks.

On Saturday I called the Disney Cake Hotline. When the recording said to press 1 to add a cake to an existing reservation, I did. Then the recording said I was at disney dining and my wait would be over 2 hours. Three hours later I got a dining CM who told me that they are not allowed to add a cake to a reservation.
Yesterday after a 3.5 hour wait, on the non reservation phone number, another CM told me that if I couldn’t get through to the Cake hotline to call Tech help and see if they could add a cake to MDE.
I have written to Guest Services (Saturday) and have not yet gotten a respone (Wednesday).

3 Likes

I had this problem last summer. I was told that all TS-restaurants have cakes in the back for special occasions and when I check in for my ADR-TS that I should request the cake from the host/ess so they can take one out of the freezer for dinner. It worked out for us but it sure was frustrating. We were eating at Olivia’s and celebrating mine and DS birthdays (two days apart).

Yes, very frustrated. I really need to talk to the Internet Help Desk, and they won’t even put me in a queue. Their message just says “We are unable to take any more calls at this time.”

1 Like

That’s what the Cake Hotline has been saying most of the day.

1 Like

My concern is they say a limited number of cakes are available for same day requests. This cake is for my DGDs 6th birthday. I do not want to take a chance that they will be out of cakes.

1 Like

I hear you! I’m just telling you what they told me. I actually went to the hostess stand when they opened that day and put in the request. That was the best Disney would do at the time and it all worked out. I wish you luck. I think their system right now isn’t running the way it did pre-covid.

3 Likes

Thank you. Maybe your experience will keep me from worrying about not getting through on the cake hotline. I may stop at ghe podium when the restaurant opens at luncb to see if I can reserve a cake for our dinner.

1 Like

I am having lots of doubts about our trip for similar reasons. I was on hold for two hours waiting for IT a couple weeks ago because it would not unlink my nephew from our plans under the Friends and Family. There are seven people in our family and he was still linked to a few of my kids. It was weird and random which seems to be par for the course with Disney IT. I also had to wait two hours earlier because our four day tickets I bought from UT would not let me select more than 3 days of parks. The guest services lady said she had never seen that. It took another 20 minutes for her to put me on hold while she manually added each of us for a park reservation on our fourth day. I am so nervous of something else getting screwed up. Or if we want to change our park reservations will I have to call again since she had to add it manually. It has totally soured me and made me second guess this whole trip.

2 Likes

Just FYI. After being on hold for 3+ hours, I was told, again, that I can’t add a cake on the phone. But this time, I got a CM who listened and asked the right questions.
Turns out that the list of restaurants that have the Mickey’s celebration cakes on the WDW wesite has not been updated since the change in December. Most of the restaurants listed do not have the 6" celebration cake. The Plaza does not even have the cakes. I would have gone to the podium to request a cake and have found out, no Birthday cake for my granddaughter. But, we are having lunch at Steakhouse 71 and they do have the 6" celebration cakes. The wonderful CM made a note on my reservation and encouraged me to make sure to tell them when we checked in. The amount of time ghis all took was ridiculous.

5 Likes

The CM also called the phone number and listened to the recording that I had heard with the misinformation. At the end of his shift, he was going to fill out a report to get it corrected.

5 Likes

I also need to apply a credit on our account to an upcoming trip this spring, and I I’ve been on hold for over seven hours. I feel you, this is just awful.