Anyone awake? Need ER advice

DS7 is suddenly croupy. Any recommendations for which ER to take him to for a breathing/steroid treatment? Thanks!

I know nothing about these guys.

Based on recommendations at another Disney fan site years ago I had a centra care phone number in my old phone.

1 Like

Googled it now

1 Like

I have not used this but recalled there is a children’s hospital specifically, depending on if you think it’s emergency enough to need the closest ER or if you prefer an ER focused on kids.

Not a personal recommendation, just a name I have vaguely read mentioned other places.

Good luck. Ugh these coughs always strike at night and it’s the worst, I hope your kiddo gets relief soon!

2 Likes

FWIW, never having used them myself, the Unofficial Guide also lists board-certified physicians on call 24-7 for in person visits to your hotel room
The Medical Concierge 855-932-5252 or themedicalconcierge.com
They also do walk-ins apparently.

2 Likes

We ended up at the Pediatric ER in Celebration. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hace you tried calling the front desk? I’m sure they’d be able to direct you much quicker.

3 Likes

Celebration has a hospital that Disney sends all its guests to for emergencies. The front desk should have the number.

Prayers for a quick recovery.

2 Likes

Yes, we got the info from the front desk. Thanks!

3 Likes

No need for a breathing treatment, his breathing is clear now. They are going to give him steroids. Praise God!

7 Likes

I’m so happy he is doing better.

2 Likes

Doc came back in to listen again and decided he does need a breathing treatment. Which also means a 2 hour observation period.

He’s happily eating his popsicle.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear he’s not well. Hope he makes a good recovery and can enjoy the rest of his vacation.

1 Like

How’s he doing this morning?

1 Like

He’s still sleeping (wish I was too!). There’s no strider at the moment.

4 Likes

My DS8’s main covid symptom was croupy cough and stridor. Did they test him yet? The steroid was magic.

2 Likes

Oh sorry saw neg test in other thread

3 Likes

Sorry to hear this @kerrilux_625778.
Hope all is well today :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

I’m glad it’s all sorted and he’s resting well now. My oldest DD has asthma and the coughs etc. were SO worrying, I feel for you.

2 Likes