Anybody got a crystal ball? Or advice on how to stay sane last minute trip planning? :) Questions

Interesting that TP res finder looks for times within one hour of the time requested, when the Disney site gives results within 2 hours of time requested. Seems like even more work for TP searchers. Or maybe using different software?

1 Like

So 3 weeks out more ADRs popped up, that’s about the time parks hours were expanded for your week, right? Did they announce park hour extension Thursday or Friday that week? I’m hoping to get a bump of availability then too. Zero alerts yesterday, none so far today. :weary:. But we still have a month. My impression is that they will not allow extra people in on a reservation, but they are usually pretty good about seating groups with 2 separate reservations together. I’ve even had restaurants anticipate this before I asked because they saw my name on both reservations.

1 Like

TP res finder looks an hour either side of the time AFAIK, just like MDE does.

1 Like

Search results for 6 pm today…

Results stretch from 4PM to 8 PM

2 Likes

Interesting.

I need to find the article where @len explained how it worked. Basically though someone will look for say CRT reservation as at a certain time. Now it could be 10 people have all requested CRT at varying times between 4pm & 8pm, They could do a search for 5pm and another for 7pm, or they could just do one search for 6pm. The alert then goes out to all 10 people.

So the TP “search” is just an MDE search done by someone else rather than you. So if you really were the only person wanting CRT for that day you will get a tailored search, but if you’re one of several people you’ll likely be part of a wider search, which could give different results.

2 Likes

Yes this was right around the time they expanded the hours for the dates we are going so maybe there is some correlation there. Have others seen park hours expanded multiple times or is that usually a one time thing?

Zero alerts on ADRs since I posted this originally but did get HS park passes for the date we wanted even though it showed and had been unavailable. Will post if/when we start getting alerts just so others can see when/if things started to move. 11 days to go!

1 Like

We’re using whatever window is the default for WDW’s site.

3 Likes

Also, yeah, we try to combine searches when possible, too. It cuts down on the effort needed.

2 Likes

I second this statement.

In park, I would do an “open call” for lunch or dinner. Meaning I just picked the option “Lunch” or “Dinner” and nothing would show up for my specific choices.

When I took those off as a filter and instead looked for a specific time, something came up as available. It’s happened to me more times than not, especially with the harder to get reservations, so now I just default look time specific.

1 Like

Woke this am to alert for Oga’s from MD for next Thursday. It was 28 minutes earlier and already gone (717am cst). Tonight on way to grab dinner I searched as I do a gazillion times a day and got an 845pm res (park close 8pm and droid appt at 750pm that night)! Got it before any site could alert. Must have been right when someone canceled so keep trying even if you set alerts I’ve gotten two in last week like that. Will keep updating so others can see when/if things seem to start popping up…

2 Likes

Congratulations! That’s a terrific find!

There were several at that time and all in the hour after park closes (805, 835, 845) so made me wonder if they were released vs cancellations.