Any word on reopening of Hoop De Doo?

How far in advance would Disney announce reopening of it? I’m just wondering if opening before my trip at beginning of ‘22 is possible and if so, how would they announce that bookings are open?

1 Like

On Oct. 1st - during the 50th celebration - there were CMs saying it was going to open “soon” as performers had been notified to return. However, there is no official date at this time.

I think I read that the Casey’s piano guy said “January”.

When it is announced? Going by history I’ll say Last Minute.

Our trip starts last weekend in January, so I have it in our plans. I’m watching for news.

2 Likes

The performers are all back (and some new cast recruited) but in other roles just now. And rehearsals at least started before being paused.

I believe Disney are stalling until they can safely have diners and cast inter-mingling in Pioneer Hall.

1 Like

Our trip is also at the end of January. I am going to be so sad if it opens after we have already left, but yet so happy that it is back.

2 Likes

This is one of the things I’m watching too. Since we’re staying in fort wilderness it would be such a bummer to miss it. April though, so I’ve got a lot of time.

1 Like

We’re traveling during late January too. I am kicking myself for skipping HDDR on our Jan 2020 trip. We’ve never been and I’m confident DS9 and I would thoroughly enjoy ourselves. We have a tendency towards goofball humor. This trip we’ll be with a family friend who used to be a CM at HDDR and who just celebrated her 50th birthday. I was hoping to surprise her with an HDDR evening. Fingers crossed. I’ve carved out the time in our trip. If there’s no HDDR we’ll do a Monorail Crawl so fun times either way, but good golly I’m regretful that we didn’t catch it when we had the chance!

1 Like