Any tips for getting a Teppan Edo res?

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster here.

Today was my 60 +10 and i managed to get what i wanted except for Teppan Edo. There’s 7 of us in our group and i prioritised Topolino’s at Teppan Edo’s expense.

I’ll try again tomorrow, but do you have any tips? How many are usually seated at one of the cooking thingies? (Im sure there’s a proper name for them that I’m unaware of!)

Grateful for any advice, and thanks for all the contributions that have made my extended lurk worthwhile :slight_smile:

Try putting in 8. That may be one that doesn’t like odd-numbered parties. You aren’t penalized for the “ghost”.

2 Likes

I’m shocked you couldn’t get it at 60+10, even for a larger group. But @lizzieanne771’s suggestion is a good one.

1 Like

I wonder if it’s one of those that doesn’t drop on time, and then they will show up later. I’m sure you have, but don’t forget to set alerts.

3 Likes

Um…that would be a “grill.”
(Couldn’t resist) :clown_face:

I think the grills themselves are Teppan. Yaki, I believe means to grill/broil, thus the term “Teppanyaki” as this style of restaurant, (tho most people just call them “hibachi” places. A Hibachi is a portable open fire grill, but…you know how Americans are. What we say goes (for now, anyway.)

Teri = shine
Yaki = Grill/Broil
Teriyaki pretty much means shiny/broil. Broiled with glistening sauce?

Teppan = Iron cooking “plate”
Yaki = Grill/Broil
Teppanyaki = grilled on an iron surface (Teppan Edo / Benihana)

I’m a complete food nerd behind a keyboard. I find this stuff totally interesting. I can run the categories in all food/drink boards on Jeopardy, but, my brain is generally worthless for more important life skills.

2 Likes

You must be right, because i tried again at 2pm uk time, so 9am EST, and I got my preferred time. Thank you!

3 Likes