Any reason to hold off on buying park tickets?

Are there ever convention tickets for as long as 8 days? I was under the impression they were usually for shorter stays. (I used a 3-day hopper convention ticket in April.)

Sure, they go up to 8 days. :slight_smile:

Looks like the diff between 7 and 8 days is about $36 BTW.

1 Like

Yes, it’s so little additional at that point. That’s why I landed on getting a ticket for every day of my stay including arrival and departure days. Even if I’m not 100% sure I’ll go to a park every single day, I’d rather waste a day than regret not having one, for that price!

1 Like

I was doing the same thinking for our trip in a couple of weeks - then, knowing some people my family will try to push through the pain/heat too much, I thought I’d take the possibility of extra days out of the equation and create a sort of forced resort day at the end. :smiley:

2 Likes

You vill rest … and you vill like it.

4 Likes

The only reason I don’t buy tickets in advance is that they’re non-refundable, which prevents me from canceling in case of unforeseen issues. I can’t think of any other reason.

2 Likes

Yes, this is a biggie. But you can apply the ticket cost to a future ticket purchase if you don’t use any part of the tickets, right? So unless you were never going to WDW again, you could at least recoup the purchase price later. (Is this official policy or is it at the discretion of the CM you reach on any given phone call?)

3 Likes

Buy now. Ticket prices (nearly) always go up in the Fall.

4 Likes

Official policy.

4 Likes

Right, I wouldn’t wait that long in any case. Although as I said, I wouldn’t be surprised if they skip the increase this year, given attendance levels and customer dissatisfaction with perceived value.

2 Likes

That’s good to know.

1 Like

I took this risk for a Sept trip. Held out feeling pretty confident a deal would come out and sue enough they announced the 4 day discount, which for us was perfect. For an 8 day, not so sure. There is always undercovertourist for a cheaper rate. And if you don’t link them I believe they are returnable. So if something does come out you can repurchase.

1 Like

I’ll be using Undercover Tourist Boardwalk Ticketing, because in addition to their regular discount I can get 5% cash back on my Chase Freedom card in 3Q 2023 (for live entertainment).

[Edited because Boardwalk Ticketing seems to use the right code to be eligible for the live-entertainment deal, whereas Undercover Tourist does not.]

3 Likes

Nice deal!!!

2 Likes

I don’t think there have been any recent problems getting APRs but, just guessing, four months out would be late November, around Thanksgiving.

If there are going to be any future APR availability issues most likely they will occur Thanksgiving week.

If you are worried about this, better safe than sorry. Pull the trigger and get your APRs just in case.

3 Likes

I’ll be arriving the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, during what is usually a low-crowds week.

But I’ll probably get my tickets soon anyway. And as soon as I have my tickets, I make my APRs.

1 Like

I’d buy now. I don’t think there will be any ticket deals for 8 days. Prices may quietly increase for your days so it’s always better to buy when you know your dates.

2 Likes

Oh, does Disney sneak in price hikes in this way without announcing a general increase?

Yes. Now that tickets are date based, they can increase prices and only those who had been following prices would know.

Room prices increased in March 2022 with little to no fanfare. I only knew they increased because I already had a room booked and frequently checked for discounts and noticed the higher total for what I already had booked.

2 Likes

Bazinga!

For the record, Undercover Tourist codes as Travel if you ever want to use a different card in the future that has a good travel points multiplier.

I used the travel eraser after I bought my UT tix with a Barclays Arrival card several years ago in one of my first forays into points, was great.

1 Like